快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: I need some help.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Oh boy, where do I begin. I guess from the start, here goes. I have a MK2, Numark DXM-09 mixer, 2 Numark TTX turntables and a Presonus 1394 external sound card. I had everything working just fine, but I had to take everything apart because I needed to finsih the room that I had everything in. I just couldn't stand to hear my wife's mouth any longer.

I finally finished the room and started getting everything setup again. I hooked up my equipment and turned on the computer. To my dismay, I have some issues. First off, the sound coming from the speakers sound really distorted and the PFl levels on the mixer is really high. And I have the channel 1 knob almost to zero.

Secondly, when I crossfade to ch.2, I hear no sound at all. I have checked the sliders on both channels and both are up. Wait this gets worse. My computer is not recognizing my Presonus 1394 sound card. I looked in device manager and it does not show. I downloaded the latest drivers but no success.

Also, can someone please explain to me why I have a external soundcard. I know you guys and gals are laughing at me as to know why I even bought it. I was told by a certian music store rep. that I needed it. I guess I did because I cannot even hear any sound from Youtube or even my Windows Media Player. Before I took everything apart, I could do all this with no problems.

Can someone please help me sort this mess out. Any help always appreciated.

Syberman

发表时间 Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 7:53 pm
The first step I would take would be to check and confirm all connections again. It seems like something probably got reconnected in an odd way.

发表时间 Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 1:10 am
This is how my connections are:

Left TT to MK2 Ch1/2 in. (Swith selected to phono)
Right TT to MK2 ch 3/4 in. (Switch selected to phono)

Mixer Ch1 in (switch selected to phono) to MK2 Ch1/2 out
Mixer Ch2 in (switch selected to phono) to MK2 Ch 3/4 out

Mixer - master out to my computer speakers.
Mixer - record out to the line in on my internal 5.1 sound card.

I have a booth out and that's where I used the Presonus before my computer detected it. Do I need to hook up my booth? If I do, how can I do this without using a external card like the Presonus 1394 that I have and my computer is not detecting? I also have another internal sound card that came with my computer. This only has a line in, line out and mic. Can I use this? If yes, how? Should I un-install MK2 and VDJ and re-install everything? Any help is always appreciated.

Syberman

发表时间 Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 2:19 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 10:51 am
In control panel I have Herc. as my sound card. What is the right config in VDJ? Can someone help. Thanks.

Syberman

发表时间 Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 12:49 pm
On your mixer, change the input switches to "LINE." You do nto need the phono pre-amp from the MK2 outputs to the mixer. That sould straighten it out ;)

发表时间 Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 11:07 pm
Thanks discjockeydoc. That was right on point. But I still need some help. I cannot listen to my mixes on WMP. I have set everything to Herc. MK2 as my soundcard. I still have no playback. In WMP, it gives me an error message that says,

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

How so I fix this? Any help is always appreciated.

Syberman

发表时间 Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 1:03 pm
I don't think you can use WMP with VDJ open. If you are not doing this, try closing media player, unplugging the MK2, and reopen media player to see if it works with the native soundcard. Maybe the MK2 is set to ASIO, which might not work with WMP. Try setting the MK2 to WDM mode in the control panel.

发表时间 Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 5:26 pm
I tried to do what you wrote discjockeydoc, but when my computer was booting up, I see a black screen that tells me "system 32 file is corrupt. Use the recovery disc." I tried that but with no success. I have a computer that doesn't work. So, I called Compaq and talked with a tech support rep. They wanted some ridiculous amout of money to fix it. So, I bought two computers today. One (1) for my daughter and wife so they can surf the net and do whatever they want on it. And I got one for myself. These are the specs on it:

HP Pavilion Slimline s3300t PC
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual-Core processor E2160 (1.8GHz)
- FREE UPGRADE to 2GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024) from 1GB
- Integrated Graphics (NVIDIA GeForce 7100)
- None
- No Modem
- FREE UPGRADE to 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 320GB
- LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
- 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, headphone port
- No TV Tuner w/remote control
- Integrated 5.1 Capable Sound w/ front audio ports
- No additional security software (60-day Norton Internet Security trial)
- Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
- HP keyboard and HP optical mouse

How does the system look guys? Is the graphics card compatible with VDJ? Please provide me with your input. Thanks.

Syberman

发表时间 Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 7:38 pm
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, it sounds like your HDD took a dive. The new system should handle VDJ just fine, but I noticed the "integrated graphics." That is frowned upon in term sof video performance, unfortunately. There's no harm in trying, though ;)

Good luck with the new toy! :-D

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 9:36 pm
Thanks for the kind words. But what does "sof video performance" mean? Sorry for a noob question. Also, do I still need the Presonus external sound card with the new computer? Thanks

Syberman

发表时间 Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 11:59 pm
syberman wrote :
Thanks for the kind words. But what does "sof video performance" mean? Sorry for a noob question. Also, do I still need the Presonus external sound card with the new computer? Thanks

Syberman

Sorry...It was a typo. It should have read: "in terms of video performance." You should be able to configure your 5.1 capable card for VDJ without an additional one, even for headphones, but I would be leary about sound quality. Most native setups simply don't cut the mustard for gigging. All I can recommend is to test it out and see how it sounds ;)

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 1:40 am
I can say that your HD probably didnt take a shit, maybe the OS got corrupted. Get yourself the OEM of Vista or XP and reinstall the OS. I see weird errors like this all the time and usually it is just a corrupt file.

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 3:08 am
I tried using the recovery disk but that didn't help. My computer would not boot up. I called Compaq tech support and they quoted me a crazy price for repair. I think I made the right move and got another computer. I never use videos when I mix, I just don't know how it's done. If I find out how and like it, I will upgrade to a better video card.

So, I will have a 7.1 sound card already installed with the computer. I will have record out from mixer to line in on my desktop sound card right? I already have master out to my desktop speakers using a 1/8 coupler. What do I do with booth out?

Syberman

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 6:01 am
You can probably use the rear channels for your booth.

BTW, you should try Brian's idea before you trash the other computer, I think he's got a good point :)

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 4:08 pm
Syberman...the recovery disk has loads of stuff on it you do not need. Try a fresh copy of the OS. Worst case scenario you fried your hard drive, also an easy replacement on most laptops. You can also give your wifey the old computer once you get it working and return the two laptops for one with greater capacity. Kind of too late if you already convinced wifey on her getting a new computer though.

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 6:42 pm
I have tried Brian's idea but it didn't work. I may just install a new hd and make the pc a htpc. I don't know yet. Discjockeydoc, the specific channel I'm going to use for booth is called "rear" Is it the 4th or 5th hole?

I'm having withdrawl symptoms from not spinning. I see my gear just sitting there and not being used, it doesn't look right. I can'twait to hook it all up and start going crazy.

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 6:48 pm
Regarding the rear channel, you need to consult the manual for the soundcard, but I think the ring on the rear channel hole is black as opposed to green, if that helps.

Regarding your computer not booting to use the recovery disk, you need to change the boot drive order in the BIOS from HDD>CD, etc... to CD>, etc...(I assume your recovery disk is a CD). Otherwise, the computer will continue to try booting from the hard drive first and halting on the corrupt file instead of from the recovery disk. Some systems also allow you to choose the boot method right after POST by hitting a specific function key. Again, the manual is your best friend for these details - every system is different.

Good luck ;)

发表时间 Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 4:57 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)