快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: dang, might have to buy another laptop

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJKosmoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a HP Pavilion running XP and have been totally happy with this unit......until now.
It is just a little over a year old, and naturally out of warranty. well my left hinge for the display has broken.
So this brings me to my question. If I buy another laptop with Vista will VDJ preform ok on Vista??
I am running the pro version 5 rev 6. I am nervous about Vista
Please let me know your experiences with Vista and VDJ
Thanks all
Rich

发表时间 Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 10:09 am
Hi, I havn't had a problem with vista on my laptop. But to get the best results you need to disable the "sidebar" and some of the services. If you do end up getting it, there's a bit in my blog about which services i've left running on my laptop.

发表时间 Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 10:32 am
DJKosmoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any others running Vista that can encourage me that Vista will not be a problem with VDJ.
I am really nervous about switching

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 10:35 am
DJKosmo wrote :
Any others running Vista that can encourage me that Vista will not be a problem with VDJ.
I am really nervous about switching

based on extensive research on these boards I now feel xp pro is more stable then vista - im going back having used vista a lot. vista may handle video and audio better but stability of software is my #1 requirement. I personally cant detect any video audio difference between vista and xp

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 11:06 am
just tested , and got my best vdj experience ever, an IBM think pad laptop, xp pro, 2ghz SINGLE cpu, 2gb mem, ati x300 128mb video card, vdj 5.0 rel 6.
I have run the machine with 2nd screen attached for video on auto mix for several 24 hour non stop sessions with no issues and VERY smooth cube transition on automix and ALMOST no jump of video at the end of the automix ( this has been an annoying problem on other machines).
My testing and research on these boards now indicates that XP and ATI video card are key components for reliability. my other machines were dual core or quad core so its possible vdj likes a single core cpu - I will test more. by the way, this think pad has not been tuned at all, has a lot of crap running on it, is always on the net etc etc......but it runs vdj beautifully

发表时间 Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 2:41 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)