快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Song Preview Effecting Main Output

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

pranaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When I \"preview\" a song (I don\'t use video) before loading, if I drag the progress bar; the music playing to the room will skip/studder. If I click the progress bar forward instead of dragging, the music playing in the room will pause briefly. Note, this will only happen until I have progressed fully through the preview. I have had to work around this by loading every song into a deck (no problems once a song is loaded), but this is obviously a problem.
I have a Dell laptop (1.8GHz Centrino Duo, 1G RAM, XP OS) with all music files on an external drive (350G Lacie), and I use a USB audio interface (M-Audio Fast Track Pro). I use VDJ\'s internal mixer, and have the room feed using outputs 1&2, with 3&4 for headphone monitoring. I have all my software and drivers up to date, and conservative latency settings have zero effect.
Any ideas?

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 5:08 pm
Same problem here on VDJ 5.0 rev6, Vista 32-bit, Intel C2D T7400 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, both Numark VirtualVinyl 5.0 as well as Maya 44 USB affected by the problem. Best workaround is previewing songs in the stopped deck but the preview feature is handy when I've already cued the next song and want to preview the second next song.

Regards,
Rabrynil

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 5:12 pm
This problem has existed for quite a while. Hopefully will be fixed in 5.1.

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 5:45 pm
Yeah, I've had the same thing, personally, I gave up with the preview option and try to either wait until a deck is free, OR if you have a sound card such as the Maya44USB, you can set Winamp up (or most likely your favourite media player) to default to using the onboard soundcard on a laptop (this is also possible with a desktop machine as well.)

Then, by either quickly switching your headphones, or having a second pair readily plugged in, you can preview songs to your hearts content, without worrying about VDJs Preview option.

Steve.

发表时间 Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 3:32 pm
djderricke wrote :
This problem has existed for quite a while. Hopefully will be fixed in 5.1.

Well, it is a known issue, so I think it's probably being hashed out. We'll just have to wait and see ;)

发表时间 Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 1:25 am
esdwaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi guys, have the same problem from the very beginning of my experience with VDJ and first gig using it (Trial v.5r4 and later with purchased v.5r7) on two machines: 6-years old Dell Latitude (PIII 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, XP Pro) and brand new ThinkPad (T7500 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, XP Pro). Seems this problem is independent form machine type. I asked VDJ technical support for advise and they told me to check the antivirus software I use. Well, I use BitDefender and I found that the program was actually scanning every file I accessed in the system including mp3's accessed by VDJ while Preview. I contacted BitDefender tech support and they told me to turn off this scanning function, so I did. The issue still existed. So I removed BitDefender completely from my Dell, tested VDJ and issue was still there. So I made another test of VDJ on ThinkPad with clean XP Pro installed (no antivirus, no internel access, etc.) - no change. I was also advised by VDJ tech support to use non-aggressive simple antivirus if I have to like AVG Free Edition. So I did and the "Preview" stutter issue still exist. From what you are saying the best to do would be to avoid this function and preview the song on free deck and that is what I am doing. I can't let this bug to spoil my next gig. Spending $299 o VDJ on one hand and reading all the posts about this obvious bug on the other, I sincerely hope VDJ makers will address this issue and fix it soon. Anyway I will keep digging until Atomix will come up with more constructive answer. Regards, Steve

发表时间 Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 3:03 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)