快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Laptop is hissing (in da club only) at home is ok

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

dj_peeHome userMember since 2007
hi, I have a problem, when I play music in my house everything is ok, when I go to the club there is a stange noise comming out the speakers. When I play from battery only (no ac adapter plugged) there is no problem, when I plug AC adapter = hiss,:(

发表时间 Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 1:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 5:14 am
sound like u need a ground isolater plug for your laptop. its a lil gray plug that will change your laptop plug from three prug to only two. I just rectently had this problem while providing sound/audio for a fight on cable at a boat club. the cable box was causing a hum. i just used the lil gray ground isolater and the problem was solved. the cost no more than 2 bucks . i sugest u buy a few they can also be use on power cords for actice speakers like jbl eon's

发表时间 Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 7:24 am
It is much safer to use the method that Skyfxl has mentioned.

发表时间 Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 12:19 pm
Im not here to say anyone is wrong but that, I thought that 3 prong was better than using a 2 because it was grounded better. Example....... using an XLR cable rather than 1/4 inch because its balanced. I know that all wall outlets are not the same. I had a 2 prong plug for my dell laptop and in some places i got some sound distortion problems once in a while. I switched over to a 3 prong. I bought a surge supressor with a EMI noise filter and it has 2 lights that light up when the outlet in the wall is properly grounded. In some places the light 2 lights dont go on and thats how i know that the outlet is not good. I would plug it into another one. some of the out wires are switched in reverse and thats why i had some distortion. What SKYFXL has linked up looks good. I bought a small meter from home depot to check the outlet if its ok to use.

发表时间 Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 11:14 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
Im not here to say anyone is wrong but that, I thought that 3 prong was better than using a 2 because it was grounded better. Example....... using an XLR cable rather than 1/4 inch because its balanced. I know that all wall outlets are not the same. I had a 2 prong plug for my dell laptop and in some places i got some sound distortion problems once in a while. I switched over to a 3 prong. I bought a surge supressor with a EMI noise filter and it has 2 lights that light up when the outlet in the wall is properly grounded. In some places the light 2 lights dont go on and thats how i know that the outlet is not good. I would plug it into another one. some of the out wires are switched in reverse and thats why i had some distortion. What SKYFXL has linked up looks good. I bought a small meter from home depot to check the outlet if its ok to use.

Out of curiousity what is the model #.

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 3:18 am
Dell Inspiron 1501 Amd turion 64 X 2 2.0 GHZ 2 gigs of ram and 256 mb video card. It came with vista but i removed it and up graded to XP instead..

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 6:24 pm
No I meant the model of the surge suppressor:)

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 7:57 pm
Its By " CyberPower " Model 750 i bought it best buy in the computer section for 19 dollars its 1,250 joules and an EMI noise filter built in with 7 nicely spaced outlets. having a regular sugre bar is not good enough. This is better....

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 10:48 pm

发表时间 Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 10:56 pm
dj_peeHome userMember since 2007

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 2:15 am

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 1:09 pm
You could also try a DTI (Direct Transformer Isolator)

发表时间 Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 3:36 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)