快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Question about a macbook video card

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

will macbook work fine with virtual dj just for regular video mixing .I mean,only using supplied trnsitions between the videos?
will the performance be affected in anyway if i work,let say, on a 6 hour gig(just for video mixing,no regular songs at all)?
is there anyway to install a dedicate 256mb video card on a macbook?

thanks

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 5:32 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The black macbook or the macbook air will be alright most video usage i use the macbook black frequently, but if you want to use alot of effects it might be advisable to get a macbook pro with 256.

You cant upgrade a macbook graphics as its on the board.

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 5:56 pm
Any of the latest generation MacBook's (released Nov. 1st) with the Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor (capable of 144Mb of shared memory with the system) should be able to handle visual mixing just fine with AT LEAST 2 Gb's of ram (this lines ram is upgradeable to 4Gb's using 2 so-dimm slots).

The fact that this line has a much better graphics processor than the previous MacBook versions which only had the Intel GMA 945 / 64Mb shared memory processor, plus the fact that these newer MacBooks have a faster 800Mhz FSB AND the 64-bit Santa Rosa chipset which is why they can handle 4 Gb's of system ram, makes this line of MacBooks a good visual mixing computer.

Of course, you can't go wrong with a MacBook Pro (ANY model, even the lowest end 128Mb VRam one).

VT ConQuest (Visual Turntablist)
- ext. 8103 at www.PSSL.com
- FRodriguez@PSSL.com

发表时间 Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 8:35 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
the 17 has the best video card, and I have perfect performance with it for the last 4 gigs. mp4, mpg-2, avi all work great.

发表时间 Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 10:36 am
DJ Cyder wrote :
the 17 has the best video card, and I have perfect performance with it for the last 4 gigs. mp4, mpg-2, avi all work great.

Yeah, I have no doubt about the performance of the 17" MacBook Pro's video card, but this threads originator had stated that he was only looking into the MacBooks, not Macbook Pro's.

So if he's looking at the most popular MacBook that is priced at $1299, then I would think that jumping up more than 200% in price to minimally $2799 would be out of the question as it would be for most people.

发表时间 Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 11:42 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)