快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Virtual DJ vs Serato Video on Youtube

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 8:47 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
nice video, however could you explain to us as to why you needed to convert from industry standard vob/mpeg-2 files to something else?

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 11:11 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
nice video, however could you explain to us as to why you needed to convert from industry standard vob/mpeg-2 files to something else?

Yeah, what's really funny about that is that almost a year and a half ago when I had started collecting videos, I had been collecting compressed format videos (mp4, avi, mpg, etc.), but in May of this year when I started going out to venues with large screens and and/or displays (and many of them), I realized how bad the loss is with those formats (there is no such thing as "lossless", it's either uncompressed or compressed and if it's compressed, there's loss - PERIOD) especially on the larger screens/displays which obviously are the most viewed AND exploit any pixelation or artifacting that occurs when compressing a video file into those formats.

So for the past 8 months I've been replacing my entire collection with .vob/mpeg-2 files that look SO much better in any situation, big or small, but especially big.

_ VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 2:10 pm
The reason Serato doesn't support VOB is because it is built around Quicktime which doesn't support VOB playback.

发表时间 Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 9:22 pm
Thats a little odd don't you think a software supporting video not supporting native dvd format.

发表时间 Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 10:31 pm
I agree that that is a big downside to the serato plugin. Serato probably decided to use quick time to help in the development of multi-platform versions but had to give up the supports for native vob format.

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 1:03 pm
I'm glad the developers at VDJ had enough foresight to work around such a limitation.

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 1:41 pm
Quicktime might have limited Serato it in file formats but it always gave them an advantage in being able to develop a product much quicker. VDJ still has been unable to develop a working mac version however if atomix would have built VDJ around quick time maybe by now we would have a working mac version of VDJ.

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 4:56 pm
Just found out you can play vob files in serato video sl but you need to upgrade your Quicktime so it has a mpeg-2 codec which cost $20 from apple.

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 5:17 pm
Hey what's 20 bucks when you already just dropped a bunch of cash on the 57?

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 5:20 pm
lol. true but when i tested the plugin it didn't work. :-@ I guess i spoke to soon. lol. One feature i like though is the ability to assign a video to a audio file so when you load the audio it loads the corresponding video file. This is a really nice feature.

发表时间 Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 6:39 pm
yeah the vob file thing is a huge downside. As you guys know I have a full working version and I've only had luck with running Mp4's and uncompressed AVI files. It night just be my laptop
but i don't know. It sucks cause I have my entire collection in Divx setup to run on VDJ.

发表时间 Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 7:17 pm
GlobeTap wrote :
One feature i like though is the ability to assign a video to a audio file so when you load the audio it loads the corresponding video file. This is a really nice feature.

Agree... even a killer feature. Want that in VDJ asap. Superb for small scratch samples etc

发表时间 Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 7:26 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)