快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: TCCD Questions ATTN Teamers

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Even if this might be a rerun of the same topic please share your knowledge.

Does the VDJ TCCD have time stamp info recorded on it?

I wonder if the VDJ TCCD supports needle drop like function, or is just a sine wave without a time stamp?

I like to know if you record in to the cd player’s hot start memory different hot cues or hot starts of a time code cd, will it work like you would have an actual cd loaded in to the cd player, going to start seamless at different points in song's time line or not?

I believe that the TCCD file is just about 10min or so, what happens when you deal with longer files?

发表时间 Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 9:24 pm
It looks like everybody is in vacation, gone skiing or fishing.

I wish you all happy times and I hope you will survive all the vacation abuses so you can put some thoughts in here

发表时间 Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 3:59 pm
ok guys Christmas is gone so please give some of your input here

发表时间 Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 12:44 am
Hi,

the timecode cds will let you use looping features and hotstarts. So yes is the answer they do have some sort of time-stamp within the control signal.

I'm sure that the program accounts for long songs,but I can't remember exactly how at the moment.

Hope that helps.

发表时间 Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 11:46 pm
I found some info in the new manual too, is saying about absolute mode but is just few lines.
I would like to hear the opinion of people that are using it like that in conjunction with Pioneer Cdj 1000 or Denon or Numark or from the guys that designed it, the wonderful VDJ developers and programmers or the testers.

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 4:43 pm

VDJ timecode has timestamps yes... :)
It does support needle drop, but to drop a needle you need turntables with needles, and not a cd player. So needle drop is not a function for CD decks.

But since it does have timestamps, it will act just as a normal CD in your cd players, including cues, play, stop, pitch, nudge, scratch, loop etc

There are different modes to use when using timecode.

Smart/Relative mode allows a bit of "software aid", meaning you can use the software to over-rule the cd player, and use such functions as sync and loop in software. In this mode, the song will also continue to play, even if the timecode runs out.

Absolute mode is more die-hard mode where everything acts from the cd player, and software features are mosly "turned off". In this mode, the song will stop when the timecode cd runs out, just as a normal cd would

Hope that helps ;)

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 5:09 pm
Thank you for your answer,
finally, got to the old time vdj info guru, didn't have the pleasure to converse with you in quite a while, I'm glad to see you around here again and again.
I said needle drop like function, meant if you store on a cdj 1000 a hot point of a tccd if it will always go there, I would like to take advantage of the analog commands that I'm used to with pio instead of clicking the wave form (is no easy way to edit or delete a hot cue in vdj via real buttons, once is set)
Now I know that it should work, hopefully the real life is working too.

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 5:59 pm

Hehe, thanx :) been quite busy at work lately, but holidays now :)

yes, CDJs cues and saved position will work flawlessly. I use cdj 800/1000 with VDJ every weekend, and its exactly like using real cds ;)

since its digital, there are no such potential issues as timecode vinyl users have, and all is super smooth and working good.

Only thing I would want, is a full 100% pitch range in VDJ, to match those of CDJ 1000, but thats comming in next version ;)

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 6:05 pm
I was just about to ask about the same thing , I love to chase or brake with the slider but then we need a quick way to disengage the key lock

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 6:56 pm

I dont use keylock, but you could set up a keyboard shortcut for it, to disengage it quick

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 7:08 pm
I love the chipmunk so when I want to get crazy is realy fun just go fast lock the key and you have a female voice remix, lol
or is perfect for the migrene time when I get lazy, anyway you are right a kbd key should do the trick, btw how can you assign custom kbd functions or macro commands for vdj?

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 7:27 pm

Macros are easy to make, just asign several functions to the SAME key (or midi trigger note).

Remember, to keep this logic in mind when making them :
- They will execute in the order you added them to the macro, from first to last.

Some damn powerful trick you can make with macros ;)

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 8:10 pm
yep, that is a powerful and easy trick, but what can we do , now the cat is out of the bag.

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:52 pm

I have a few "go to cue" + "loop 8 beats" set up ;)
so that I can quickly press one key to jump to a part of the song and loop that cool part ;)

And a few more stuff like that...

发表时间 Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:56 pm
the truth is that VDJ works so good with kbd shortcuts , we just need to have the VDJ PPL to come out with an illuminated kbd with custom etching overlay and maybe some light feedback or a cool high contrast skin for the principal functions including loops, active samples, and effects and you got a cheap and fast controler which combined with tccd or tcv will rock the house.
Because of my screen rez 1440x900 I'm limited in the skin choice, I do use the "compact" skin for v 5 but the contrast is poor and the other skins like jn or mixstation don't include all the new features, so we need more technical skins for v5 in multiple screen sizes, designed by ppl that understand human interface and logic not only the artistic aspect.

发表时间 Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 12:21 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)