快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: codec problems (I think)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I've been wrestling with this for over a month now. Therefore, the background on may question may run long, bear with me.

About three years ago, I began ripping DVD video, to use in Virtual D.J. As I had done with audio many years before, I looked for a compression I could live with. I thought I'd found one, when I discovered a blog on the VDJ forums. I used #1DVD ripper, with a 3ivx codec, rendering files to .avi. These files are between 1/2 to 1/3 the size of non-compressed .vob files, and look(ed) and sounded great, to me. About 8 months and many conversations (online and offline) later, I changed my mind and changed my ripping to .vob, via smartripper. I rename my .vob files to .mpg, so I can preview them in Windows Media Player (all my machines have XP home). My .avi files all preview in Media Player flawlessly as well.

I began with VDJ 3.4, and all my files would play just fine. When I upgraded to 4.3, I began to have problems with my .avi files. These problems have continued as I've upgraded to 5.0 (rev. 6). If the VDJ codec for .avi is configured for "video", my files load fine, but .avi files only play audio, but do not show video (blank screen). When I switch the VDJ codec to "windows video", when I load one of these .avi files, the program FREEZES on me for between 30 seconds and over 5 minutes!, but then will load the track and play it just fine, audio and video. If something is playing in the opposite deck when I load, the playback continues flawlessly on it, but my control screen is frozen, and my controls are useless, until VDJ decides to "relent" and load my file.

Fixes I've tried:

1) My original 3ivx codec was a "free" one, and I believe I had seen a message once or twice about it expiring in Windows, so I found a trial version of the latest release and downloaded it. I will gladly pay for this codec if it's what I need to make these files work smoothly. I installed it last night, and... no improvement or change.

Ideally, I would love to get my 1000 or so files to work, versus converting or the labor intensive task of digging the discs back out and starting over. But I'm stuck at the moment in accomplishing this.

So, I've looked at other options:

2) I found and struck up conversation with the blogger whose settings I used 3 years ago, and he's switched to .vob as well, based on compatibility issues. He recommended xilisoft's Video Converter 3, which will batch convert my .avi files to .mpg. I downloaded a trial version (limit of 5 minutes per file, which is fine since most music videos are shorter than that) last night. So far, I can't get it to work.

3) There's a free program called Super that appears to be the swiss army knife of video files. I've used it for a few things, and have been happy with the results. Last night, as I threw in the towel on this mess (around 5 a.m.) I tried to batch convert 26 .avi files overnight. This morning I had around 8(!) .mpg files, all of which have audio glitches, and last less than 10 seconds each, but they'll play in VDJ for those 10 seconds.

Any help or advice is welcome.

发表时间 Fri 14 Dec 07 @ 2:25 pm
anyone?

发表时间 Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 11:26 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)