快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Lookin for a Pitbull track

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I'm lookin for a track by Pitbull ( what a shite name ) anyway heard it on the radio last night, didn't get the name of it.

All I can tell you that it has a sample in it, of the saxaphone riff out of Destination calabria - alex gaudino.

Sorry if it is not clear enough.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 11:42 am
The Anthem - pitbull feat. lil' jon. the other track Move, Shake and Drop also samples some other stuff. benassi i think.

发表时间 Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 6:01 pm

Thanks Wcc,

Going to try and find it. I don't think it's out yet over here in the UK. Is it a new one over the pond?

Not really into that style of music, but it got my foot tapping.

Nice one dude.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 6:29 pm
been spinning it for about 3 weeks now. can't even remember which music service i got it from. his other one that he did with flo rida get them jumping as well.. and flo rida's new one called Low really works the ladies up

发表时间 Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 7:18 pm

Thanks again dude,

Will hunt it down.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 7:23 pm

Got it.

It took me a hour or so.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 2:01 pm

发表时间 Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 2:54 pm
Played the Pitbull track on Saturday night, went down a storm, everybody was coming up to me and asking about it, and how to get hold of it, with living in the UK it will be sometime before it gets brought out, or if it every does.

I thought to myself "who's the daddy" and laughed.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 10:10 pm
tried the other two yet?

i've been waiting for a new trend in the hip-hop/dance scene for the last couple years. who knows, with any luck we'll be getting away from the low bpm's again and back to music with some higher energy levels.

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 1:33 am
No not yet mate, but I will, and yes I have to agree with you on the faster stuff.

I was quite surprise with the reaction I got to tell you the truth Wcc,

I normally play house, but for a change I played some faster hip/hop and RnB (not really my kind of muisc) but anyway they loved it.

I always play some, I like to see the ladys shakin there ass's. I have to be careful as my girlfriend is always with me. I don't think she has click on why I play it Hehe.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 9:29 am
many moons ago i used to tell people they'd have to pay me to listen to country music. irony?.. what?

hip-hop/rap, retro dance, 80's, 70's, 60's, some hair band, and every great once in awhile something new cause they force it on me, is what we're playing in between country music sets. and since we have a limited amount of time to play it i have to mix it fast (THANK YOU GOD FOR VIRTUAL DJ!!!) i have to mix it good and it has to be the right song the right time everytime, or they wont be on the floor.

the good news is, i can go home, headphone up and listen to something that i will NEVER hear at work. house, trance, electro, whatever, either mixing on the computer or listening to VDJ radio, it really helps clear my mind.

any other tracks you have questions on i'll try and help.

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 10:02 am

Cheers Wcc, You can be my link to what's big across the pond, as it often comes over here a couple of months later, lol

I bet it does you head in, not being able to play abit house or electro at work. It would do me.

I've noticed that in the US it's all about Hip/Hop, RnB and country, why I always wonder about that.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 10:48 am
unless it's near a major metro area you wont find many clubs that will stick to a house/techno/electro format unless its for one night. and even in some of those areas it wont be for the entire night with out them having to play some hip-hop. about 5-6 years ago the trend just kept drifting away from anything that didnt have a hip-hop flavor to it. the last club in this area to play any of it switched formats to follow the trend when they noticed how many people were sitting around doing nothing when ever they werent playing what they wanted.

and it's not like we don't have a diverse crowd. we have the largest military base in the world next door to us with a widely varied demographic base and disposable income to throw around... when they arent in the desert on the other side of the globe... but even with that much diversity, its rare that i have anyone ask for anything thats not "ghetto". maybe one person in 6 months will ask for something thats house/techno. i think the last "mainstream" techno i played in the club (other than before we open at night and i need something to clear my head) was back in 2000. some prodigy i think.

and unfortunatly whats hot on this side of the pond is about 90% hip-hop/RnB with some Reggaeton sprinkles

you'd be amazed at how many cowboy hats i see on the dance floor acting mentally deficient when i play "crank dat". and their girlfriends are the worst when it comes to the requests. asking for a slow country ballad and something dirty south ghetto fabulous all in the same breath.

lets face it. none of us gets paid enough.

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 3:15 pm
I Feel for you mate, I really do. I think I would of given up years ago.

At least,as you said early, you can go home lock your doors and play something you like.

Respect.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 4:40 pm

Some clown is copy/paste my earlier posts

Grow up.

Jimmy b

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 7:52 pm
Fixed Mate:)

发表时间 Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 9:06 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
its called the anthem by pittbull--
good luck

DJ Jamm

发表时间 Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 9:42 am
im not sure wat its called...i think its shake shake shake
it go's something like

up in the club f*** vip..

发表时间 Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 4:33 pm
2lw450Home userMember since 2008
its a song by Ying Yang Twins ft. Pitbull - Shake

发表时间 Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 5:14 am
he already got it. the last two got it wrong.

mods - stick a fork in this one.. its done.

发表时间 Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 7:08 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)