快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Phono/Line Question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Yesterday I was frustrated with beta three crashing every-time i tried to auto config time code. So i installed version 4 and the time code now works perfect. It got a 100% signal as soon as i touched down
the needle. Im satisfied and now happy.

Question.

I switch from traditional vinyl to timecode often through my sets. Im wondering about the best set up during these switches in regards to the Phono/Line switches. I have them on my record players, they are on the back of the Numark box, on the back of my mixer, and on the top of the mixer itself. That is allot of combinations. Would like to know from other timecode vinyl users what they switch to go from VV to regular records

Thanks in Advance.

Glow

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 6:05 pm
When you're playing your timecode vinyl your turntables should be set to "phono" (I assume your using a TTX or some other turntable that actually has a "phon/line switch), your soundcard should be set to "phono" and your output cables from your soundcard should go into the channel of your mixer with the straight "line" inputs because your soundcard is outputting a line level signal. Now, in regards to playing regular vinyl, you should connect the "pass" output of your soundcard into the separate channel of the mixer that has the "phono/line" switch and it should be set to "phono". When you want to play the timecode vinyl the channel select switch on your mixer should be set to your "line" channel and when you want to switch to regular vinyl you simply just switch to the "phono/line" channel on your mixer (this bypasses the soundcard altogether and gives you a direct signal from your turntable).

OR, to simplify things, since your turntable has a "line/phono" switch then just do what I described above except have ALL your switches set to "line". I don't have any experience with turntables with a "phono/line" switch but logic suggests that my suggestion should work (maybe a forum member with a little more experience with this setup can verify).

I should mention that this is all outlined in VV's manual complete with a diagram so why did I just type this all out lol?!

发表时间 Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 12:40 pm
Thanks Dizzy,
Yea my I have the Stanton T.90 USB tables which have Phono/line switch. Thanks for your input.

发表时间 Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 9:58 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)