快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Timecoded vinyl Skips!!!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hey guys, i got a new problem, when im playing two songs together, sometimes both of them stop simultaneously and then if i do something (like chaning the pitch or touch the vinyls) they both start playing. they dont jump, but they start from where they stoped. also i actived the anti-skip and smart cue( i dont know what smart cue is? :) but i turned it on) , but i still have the skipping. my system is :
Memory: 1000 mb
processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64*2 mobile technology TL-56 1.80 GHz
system type: 32-bit

发表时间 Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 11:45 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would unclick smart cue. Also, how much RAM do you have?

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 7:58 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the needles can skip all over the place and the only thing that should happen is you will lose the position of the TC but not lose the sound like that. I suspect there is something that needs a adjustment in the soundcard, maybe input levels or a different driver. What soundcard do you have?

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 8:25 am
my external soundcard is maya44, i dont know about my laptop soundcard. and my ram is 1 gig.

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 9:22 am
well given the fact you did all the things suggested in your other TCV thread, have you checked the input levels on you maya44? check to see if they are too high or too low, also recheck the connections....something is not right.

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:01 am
how can i check the input level? and the connection is like this: deck 1-->1 and 2 input, deck 2-->3 and 4 input, and the mixer in outputs.

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:29 am
In the folder where your Maya drivers are on your laptop you should have a strange looking icon. I forget what the file says but probably something with the words configuration. It is a strange icon, you can't miss it. Click on that and you'll see the input and output sliders. Inputs should all be muted and the outputs should be about 3/4. That varies for some people but mine are at 3/4. The connections you mention are correct.

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:35 am
ok, i check them they were what u said. but i still have the skipping.( it is not skipping, the song suddenly stops and then start playing). strange!!!

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 2:48 pm
are you doing anything to make it happen? have you ever used automix? can you try different cables? are you still getting 100% when the deck stops?

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 3:03 pm
no i dont get 100% when they are stopped, but i get if i play them. and by automix do u mean the program?? if yes, no i havent use.

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 6:58 pm
wonder if the usb port is going to sleep and making the timecode not to be seen by vdj are there any lights on the maya to tell wether it getting powered by the port (sorry i dont have a maya so i dont know) or do the lights go out and when you get it back up and running do the lights come back on

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 7:29 pm
i was just messing around in VDJ, that i noticed that in VDJ the speed is 45 but on my decks is it 33. can that be the problem? and also i found somethin that it has Fast and Quality, should i change that?

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 7:31 pm
"wonder if the usb port is going to sleep and making the timecode not to be seen by vdj are there any lights on the maya to tell wether it getting powered by the port (sorry i dont have a maya so i dont know) or do the lights go out and when you get it back up and running do the lights come back on"

yes it has lights, so i can see it . :)

by the way what is sound card latency? and which one should i select (auto, 128, 256, 512, 1024,...)?

发表时间 Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 8:01 pm
Select auto latency and yes change the timecode config to 33.

发表时间 Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 8:04 am
ok, i will do it and let u know, tnx

发表时间 Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 10:55 am
i dont have any problems so far. good job. tnx

发表时间 Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 11:42 pm
Good, happy mixing.

发表时间 Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 8:28 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)