快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: DENON HC4500

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'M NOT NEW TO THIS DJ GAME (29 YEARS) I HAVE TOO MUCH EQUIPMENT TO MENTION BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF VDJ IS REALLY PLANNING TO SUPPORT THE DENON 4500 IN FULL, I BOUGHT PCDJ RED IN 1999 AND I BOUGHT THAT CRAP THEY CALLED PCDJFX ONLY TO BE DISSAPPOINTED. I BOUGHT THE DENON 4500 ONLY ON THE STRENGTH OF THE DENON NAME (I OWN ALOT OF DENON EQUIPMENT) THEN I FIND OUT THAT REFLEX ISN'T FULLY DEVELOPED WITH NO SET DATE TO BE RELEASED. IT DOESN'T TAKE A GENIUS TO FIGURE OUT THAT THIS IS BAD BUSINESS, I'M INTERESTED IN VDJ BUT I'M A LITTLE WIEARY ABOUT PURCHASING SOME SOFTWARE THAT I CAN'T USE THE MY 4500 WITH. I HAVE PLAYED ON VDJ BUT AT THAT TIME IT WASN'T AS STABLE AS I WOULD'VE LIKE IT TO BE, SO THE QUESTION IS .... IS IT READY NOW? I HAVE A DAC 1,2 & 3....I'M AWARE THEY WORK SOMEWHAT WITH VDJ BUT I'M A DENON MAN AND WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS CONTROLLOR WITH A STABLE PICE OF SOFTWARE.

KEEP SPINNING THOSE HARD DRIVES,

DONALD HAIRSTON II aka djnot4free

发表时间 Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 10:26 am
Hi,

see other posts.

Ran my hc4500 with a VDJ pro last weekend for an audience > 1500 people through midi controll. Exellent!!!

Native support is still in developement.

Greetz

Markus

发表时间 Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 9:02 am
Markus did your display,loops,wheels work? If so what version of VDJ are u running and what mapper?

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 11:19 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Was just reading up on how things went with the PCVJ update that some folks were able to get their hands on prior to PCDJ having some issues with the download and pulling the update from the site. The download was acting as a demo or something to that effect, the installation wasn't happening correctly.

Anyway - it appears that a few folks did encounter the same problems with their HC4500 when running natively. And yes, the discussion did involve talk of a new firmware update from Denon being necessary to get everything working correctly. Geeze, crazy stuff.

I can't even imagine the frustration of the software developers/team that is working on this stuff. Sure, we are all waiting and waiting, and some are complaining....but just think if you were the one responsible for getting this to work - doing everything you can - and then maybe not being able to fix it because it is something on Denon's side of things...and we all know how long the first firmware update took to allow us to use the BU4500 CD players without having the HC4500 connected to the PC.....hopefully whatever needs to happen does...but this isn't really the best time of year for things to happen quickly. It is the holidays after all, and people do have lives : )

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 11:56 am
I agree but on the other hand ...DON'T SELL THE PRODUCT IF IT ISN'T READY! We (DJ's) are compensated for the service we offer, our jobs depend on - what we do - how we sound - and most of all how professional we are, to sell Hardware, Software or any other peice of equipment that doesn't perform in the manner in which it is intended isn't professional on the vendors part. After all we buy this stuff blindly - just on what we read from the vendors! What's worse is I hate to be deceived, I spend too much money on Equiment to hear some of these EXCUSES on why it doesn't work. Can you tell 1000 people why your show isnt up to par? didn't think so! I'm not ragging on YOU or VDJ but DENON and PCDJ shouldn't have sold the controller until the products were actually ready! I appaude VDJ for their effort.

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 12:19 pm
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
That's why I think that Denon would be most to blame. If PCDJ wasn't ready with a full version of Reflex that was usable for a professional DJ, they shouldn't have released the controller. I think that it was a poor decision by Denon. They have a strong reputation in this business, and I think that a move like this will impair their reputation.

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 12:33 pm
True that, just got off the phone with DENON and it's funny how they blame the software for evervything that goes wrong..no matter who it is VDJ or PCDJ it's like they designed a controller and said here... "you all figure it out!" The arrogance the tech displayed was unbelievable! I've tried the 4500 on VDJ and I've made up my mind to purchase it. The controller is working pretty good, a few tweaks here and there to the midi mapper that i found and I think I'll be more than satisfied with it. Needless to say Denon has left a bad taste with me but what can I do now...I've had this controller since day one, can't return it now even though I've never used it at a gig!

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 2:35 pm
djnot4free wrote :
True that, just got off the phone with DENON and it's funny how they blame the software for evervything that goes wrong..no matter who it is VDJ or PCDJ it's like they designed a controller and said here... "you all figure it out!" The arrogance the tech displayed was unbelievable! I've tried the 4500 on VDJ and I've made up my mind to purchase it. The controller is working pretty good, a few tweaks here and there to the midi mapper that i found and I think I'll be more than satisfied with it. Needless to say Denon has left a bad taste with me but what can I do now...I've had this controller since day one, can't return it now even though I've never used it at a gig!

Use midi, it works perfect, no hangups or freezes

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 3:00 pm
Yes, until denon release a new firmware there's nothing to do than use midi.

发表时间 Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 12:16 pm
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi, I don't have this controller yet.
I was just reading about all the issues guys are having. Not good! Your right, the propaganda advertisements they put out lead people to believe this thing is tested and ready to use out of the box with various software programs. On their own site, they have VDJ shown as one of those programs that you can use their controller with.

I was reading denondj.com and they've released a new firmware this month (New & Current Plug In’s as of December 2007 (Sys 1002). Has anyone with a controller tried this new firmware update? Results?

I was also reading denondjforums.com and the denon expert (Silvio Zeppieri - Denon DJ Brand Manager) said that "denon provides the hardware and it's upto the software companies to provide Native support for it for their users". My question is, had VDJ provided full native support for this controller yet? I did notice it in the config menu under controllers.

Can a VDJ rep give us an update on the status of the controller for useability and reliabilty? Can someone buy this controller and "plug N play" after selecting it in the config>controllers menu with VISTA?

Thanks
Styles Q

发表时间 Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 1:28 pm

发表时间 Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 2:56 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)