快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: No more CDG encoding in VDJ Mac?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I looked under encoders and it is not present (a cdg extension) and my Karaoke files will not work. So I just spend two hours getting the new version ready for my Karaoke show and now I have to reinstall the old version and set up my virtual folders.... AGAIN and then head to work. If there was another program that actually made things work for mac I think I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I am losing faith in this program...

Matt

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:51 pm
P.S. I am using the beta 3, where before I was using 4.3

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:52 pm
Sorry about your luck man but I think anyone would agree: never change to a Beta version right before a gig, after all it is a "Beta" version. In fact once the final version of 5.0 comes out I would still test drive it a couple of days before using it at a gig.

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 8:18 pm
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This brings up a great point. I just don't get it. I wait and wait and wait because I can't afford to use a Beta version, or even and unstable final version at any of my gigs. I can't sacrifice quality. It something freezes, or stops for no reason whatsoever, that makes the DJ look super bad and I just don't want to be that DJ.

I think it's great that so many of you are so free spirited that it doesn't get to you.....but the thought of using a beta at a live gig, having never utilized it before at all - well that is just frightening.

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:04 am
....Exactly. You really have to run the software through it's paces before you can really rely on it for a paid gig in front of a crowd. For example, in the 4.3 Mac version there is a bug that crashes the program if you use the "BPM tap" button in the BPM window. I discovered this by using it in the comfort and consequence-free environment of my home doing a set for my dog. Then I knew not to mess around with calculating BPM's at a live gig.

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 10:07 am
i used beta 3 at a mitzvah on saturday, No problems thank god, had all my music on cd just in case.
no problems so far, i played and played with it in my house for many days before taking it out tho. its fine as long as you dont ask it to do any complex operations like doing tags or something while playing a song.
I cant wait for the final

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 11:20 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yeah, I check this forum and PCDJ every single day, at least 2x a day sometimes. I just can't wait until I get something workable for my MAC and the HC4500.

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 1:13 pm
Thanks for the replies although it has gotten off-topic. Is the final release going to have CDG encoding? I mean, if not, what's the point for a karaoke host? Are they trying to force us to ZIP our collection? Is it just a big? I am sure no one has answers really. I guess I was being confident that my mac and the software would work as long as I didn't do anything stupid. Frankly I was excited about the new release because 4.3 is really awful.

I FIND IT REALLY hard to believe that there have been this many problems with a software player. I for some reason (although probably dead wrong) feel that if I was writing this software of any player, it wouldn't be so hard to get it right. Hardware can do it just fine with no mistakes. It's not on Windows which has so many variables that it's dangerous for a gigging DJ/Musician etc but is it really that hard?

Well, let's hope the final release gets fixed and they allow itunes tags to be read and played (this glitch seems retarded being that mixmeister TWO YEARS ago could do this just fine) and that they fix a simple problem and put CDG encoding BACK INTO THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 4:48 pm
first, quick question, how did you test 5.0 beta3 since 5.0 hasn't been released for Cue LE yet?

Anyway, the answer to your question is very easy: in 5.0, the browser engine works differently. You don't need to associate CDG extension anymore with a specific decoder.
When the browser sees a music file (mp3, m4a, wav, ogg, whatever), it will check if there is a file of the same name with the extension .cdg in the same folder.
If there is, then the song will be tagged as "karaoke", and when you load it it will automatically open the karaoke window.

That's that simple.

发表时间 Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 1:22 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)