快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Instability!!!! Somebody HELP

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

LocutosPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello! I just recent bought the new apple macbookpro 2.4 and installed VDJ 5 Beta 3 butt to my surprise it isn't working correctly! Waht I noticed is that when I drag and drop a new music from the music list to the vinil deck, the visual loading of the music map on the top of the deck slows up for at least 3 seconds! It\'s like a little gag, the sound isn't affected or I don't seem to notice any kind of noise crahs or delay like the visual, although it is impossible to mix correctly and precised!

My question, more of a problem, is that I thought that an MAC version of a software (in this case a music software) would or should have more stability than a pc version! We are talking abut a unix platform!!! Normaly apple software, sound an video are more effective than windows! Or this is because we are talking about a beta version? My other machine is a simple penthium 4 - 2,4 GHZ and this kind of problem isn't happening! Bouth video and music are stable and flowing well!

This laptop is very recent!!! Is it a bug off VDJ???

I do hope that this topic won't create a war between Mac and PC users!!!

发表时间 Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 12:55 am
Ummm, two words... BETA VERSION. Why are you freaking out man? Just report the bugs and use version 4 in the meantime.

发表时间 Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 3:38 am
WEll i was having the same problem and Version 4 still does notwork for me ethier. Unfortunatley. Dizzy, we never did figure out how to get 4.3 to read my tags like 5 did?
Any thought so i can go back to 4.3
When is the next beta coming. 1 2 3 came fast where is 4?

发表时间 Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 9:03 pm
Hey dizzyrocks200, for your knowledge I did report this situation to the Support/Help and this was the answer given:

"Well this is a beta version and technically shouldn't be used live if this kind of thing is bothering you or stopping playback.
You may see it as instability, but it may not be.
You expect the MAC version to be better than the PC version, and it may not be.
MACs have problems also, its not a perfect world or solution."

So the software doesn't work properly and I shouldn't see it as an instability?!?!?!

I do know that this is a beta version and by knowing it I simply asked (almost as a rhetorical question) if the software behaviour was normal! If this little instability was "normal" as a result of the beta version!

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 2:35 am
Oh and by the way, I re-installed the 4.3 full version (not a beta version) and the problem remains the same!!!

I do hope that this problem is fixed in a near future! this is a great software

Best regards
Locutos

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 3:03 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)