快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: what to get

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

in the couple months i will be getting a new computer, i will be building it my self but not sure what to get. was thinking of going mac but i

dont know that much about it and still depating. i dont want a lappie.
amd or intell
sata or eide
internal or externall
atx or micro atx depending on part avalibity and will all the part fit the a small microatx case
case need one that will keep it all super cool ( and nice looking to)
fsb speed
ddr2 or ddr3 ram
video cards agp or pcie or what evers best
xp or vista( and which style of vista)
prosser size
at least 4 usb
what i have to hook up
numark cm200usb mixer (needs 2 usbs
dmc2 (1 usb
1 externall usb hd(1 usb
i know that this has all been dicusted before but i still have no idea what im going to get or get myself into while doing this
whould liike to keep the costs down below $3000 usd also to

thanks for your alls input as i know next to nothing when it comes to all the parts that u all talk about in here but im trying to learn as much as i can and have learned alot on these forums so thanks to all
i also have some of what i have now in my blog if it helps any
i will be doing video in the future so and maybe tvcs or tvcds

rockinrossco

发表时间 Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 10:55 pm
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Had a quick look at your blog and it sounds like you have a lot of equip to carry.

Questions; How often will you be needing to breakdown / set up equip?

How soon you thinking of going video (as to whether you could make do with on board vid till later)?

Will you be using parts from existing pc or making a fresh box? This will help with whether more hard drives are needed and whether you need to search for specific parts to co-exist with current equip.

Will the pc need to be multi purpose ie. studio / gig pc? Dedicated just to music or needed in office / home environment?

How soon are you wishing to purchase and if using parts from other box, what timeframe you have for being 'out of action'? It's coming to festive season which for me usually means more work so that may be something to consider.

I hope these questions may allow you to pinpoint what is needed to best suit the conditions. I know there are other forumers who have a vast bank of knowledge in this area, as well as the threads themselves.

good luck,

BISH

发表时间 Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 1:32 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
www.alienware.com ... mucho kudos from mega nerd ;-)

be ready to spend.

but if you want the best, here it is:

PCI-enhanced, not AGP
DDR3, not 2
Intel right now, they are ahead of AMD for a short time with the Santa Rosa with 887Mhz FSB
Desktop, go dual or quad-core (how much you wanna spend m8?)
Firewire 900 with 6 and 9pin (i hate USB, screw it)
SATA (forget about EIDE, its old)
internal drives (its a desktop, if you wanted mobility, youd get a laptop)
Full-tower ATX (you need the airspace if you dont go liquid cooling. if you still need portability, go rack mount and liquid cooled so your machine dont melt down from condensation in a sweaty club)
XP (SCREW VISTA, it sux rocks)
Forget about the mixer now. You'll spend 3k easy on a good machine.

My rule is always pay more for a machine. If you purchase wisely, it will last longer and wont need a refresh or replacement. My machines last 4 years instead of 1 or 2 cuz I spend twice as much. Which also means I end up paying 50% less over the lifetime.

Wont touch PC/Mac debate, but I dont like Macs that much personally, thats just my taste though, they are good machines for the less inclined to much about with stuff under the hood.

发表时间 Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 4:06 pm
i strictly do moblie stuff but i rarly break out the bigger stuff unless im playing for 1000 ppl or more
so i set up in the afternoon and tear down at night after its all done
thinking video maybe by june of 08
i want this to be a completly fresh box and equpment
hard drives like paz said probly sata probly 120 gig for windows vista xp i dont know what yet and
500 gig for music and video
ill only run a optical drive to install drivers and stuff from the cd then remove it so i can have the room for two more drives if i need it which i hope to some day
this new computer will never see the net as i use the one i have now for djing and home net stuff and all the other crap
so it will be retired as a dj
i shouldnt be out of action due to the fact that i stil have tihis computer

thought about quad core but i dont know if its trully needed to make video run right
but at the same time im not full sold on the idea of not using a lappie as it would simplafy so many thngs but also make things tuffer is some areas
i have never had a problem with paying for quilty
looked at the alien ware place and oh my freaking god was it high dollar
but they was talking about SLI video never heard of it
oh and my tower that i use now is a thermaltake armor but no liquid cooling stuff but i do have the option its jsut so dang heavy to move http://thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor/va8000bws.asp

i already have the mixer but and it has the sound cards built into it so i need two usb ports to run it right it really dosent like hubs

发表时间 Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 1:48 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i paid a huge amount for an alienware laptop (about 4500USD before taxes) but its been worth it. it has 2x512mb video cards in SLI which meansthey run together. as a result, Im able to use the laptop to play VDJ and run winamp AVS on the second monitor which I use to project behind the DJ for my weekly video stream show on another station. it works really well and im so happy for the purchase.

there is always a minimum performance to get going with, but the better the machine, the easier the experience. that definitley is the case for me now. have not experienced any crashes in vdj in 6 months and i use it every night.

发表时间 Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 5:24 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sorry to burst the bubble but alien ware machines are the same parts as dell with a different case

发表时间 Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 2:25 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)