快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: How to import itune playlists?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
How do i import my itunes playlists?

I see under the music tab iTunes, but its empty.

My ITL (itunes library) is on my external drive. Could this be an issue?

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 6:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that could be the issue yet i have never tested an external itunes database can you try it on the mac hdd?

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 6:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ PC version looks for it in the iTunes default location. I would assume the MAC version is coded the same.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 8:42 pm
You would need to have your actual Itunes tracks on the laptop itself, not the external HD. The Itunes folder's location is within the laptop, but if the actual files are on your external HD then you would have to click on your external drive and locate the folders to play the tracks. The Itunes folder in your browser will only contain tracks that are on your laptop, VDJ is not going to know to automatically create it's own filepath to your external HD. What you're trying to do is the equivalent of creating an empty folder on your desktop labeled "Music" yet having all of your tracks entirely somewhere else (in this case your external HD) then expecting the "Music" folder in VDJ's browser to know where all your tracks are located. I would suggest hiding the actual Itunes folder in the browser then naming the folder on your external HD that contains all your Itunes playlists "Itunes" and then save it as a favorites folder in your browser.

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 9:15 pm
Actually the itunes library folder is on my external drive. When you initially launch itunes , you select the itunes library.xml (which is in the external drive).

Then each time itunes launches , it works from this as default. Here is my folder structure

mac:/Volumes/Extra/iTunes joe$ ls

Album Artwork iPod Games Library iTunes Library.xml
iPod Games iTunes Library iTunes Music

mac:/Volumes/Extra/iTunes joe$ pwd
/Volumes/Extra/iTunes

Also you can see the folder is called Itunes on my external. How do i hide it in the browser?

VDJ should ask where your itunes library is, no?

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 9:25 pm
ok i moved the itunes library.xml and itunes library.itl to my ~/Music folder on my mac HDD. The files are external. No change.. Any other ideas?

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 9:46 pm
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
You would need to have your actual Itunes tracks on the laptop itself, not the external HD.

On my PC, i had the itunes tracks on my external drive, so i kinda disagree..The playlist xml have the location to the files

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 9:47 pm
Anyone imported their itunes playlists yet?

发表时间 Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 9:11 pm
still having this issue. Any suggestions?

发表时间 Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 7:13 pm
djmidzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My virtual vinyl won't show tracks when i recurse....any ideas? Its on a macbook pro....Its almost like the id tags are blocked...It will show all of my music folders on the left, and i could access the songs that way, but they wont automatically show up after my main music file is recursed

发表时间 Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 5:42 am
hkd987PRO InfinityMember since 2007
i have an idea im not sure but i think that the $ sign messes things up bc it is not a standard character. Try changing that and seeing if it works

发表时间 Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 7:52 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)