快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Bootcamp Users :: Very Important Info

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I currently am using Bootcamp (1.4 Beta) and Windows XP on my Macbook Pro. I know that there are plenty of VDJ users that are also doing this and I wanted to give you this information that I came across tonight. While searching for some info on the upcoming OS X 10.5 Leopard release I came upon a few web articles that were claiming that the Bootcamp software was going to EXPIRE when Leopard was released for Public Sale. Below is one article:

Link: http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/005736.html

The free beta version of Apple's Boot Camp software has vanished from Apple.com replaced with a warning to customers that the program will expire when Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard goes on sale later this month.

Apple representatives say a Windows installation on a user's Mac will continue to work after the Boot Camp license expires. However, the Boot Camp Assistant beta software will not work after the expiration date and Apple will not offer driver updates to beta users. The Boot Camp Assistant software helps set up and manage Windows on the Mac.

Apple has stated the complete Boot Camp release will be bundled into the Oct. 26 release of Leopard. Boot Camp is a Mac program that makes it possible to run Windows natively on Intel-based Macs.

Replacing the download link on Apple's site is a message to Boot Camp user of the beta 1.3 and 1.4 versions of the program: "The license to use Boot Camp Beta expires when Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is available to the public. To continue using Boot Camp at that time, upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard."

After reading a few articles I became very distraught. Leopard gets released on Friday the 26th at 6pm. I do plan on getting a copy on Friday from the Apple Store here in Chicago, but I have a gig Friday night. I'm going to do a little more research but I'm PRAYING that Bootcamp will still properly work for my weekend gigs. If anyone has heard anything on this issue please respond. I know quite a few of us are using Bootcamp for VDJ and its stability is of utmost importance.

Charlie Five

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 5:09 am
Here is a link to the Apple Website with more information about the expiration of the Bootcamp Beta versions:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306583

Some info from the page:

Boot Camp Beta 1.3, 1.4 expiration

The license to use Boot Camp Beta expires when Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is available to the public. To continue using Boot Camp at that time, upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Important: Apple does not provide technical phone support for using Boot Camp Beta, burning the Macintosh Drivers CD, or installing Windows. Support is available on Apple's website. Fee-based support agreements are not available for Boot Camp Beta.

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 5:11 am
Is there a set date built in to the program? or will it recieve like a signal or something when you go online? If that's the case, keep your wireless connection turned off and ethernet cord out of the jack. Or can it be fooled by changing the date on your computer?

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 5:15 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
If anyone has heard anything on this issue please respond.

Yo C5 and everyone concerned-

Don't worry about Boot Camp "expirig" as in thinking that it's not gonna work anymore. It's just the licene that will expire and pre-Leopard users will not be able to get updated drivers for Boot Camp.

Everything will continue to work fine as it does now.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 6:20 am
Although it was sorta a false alarm, Good Lookin out C5.

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 6:34 am

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 7:40 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)