快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Soundblaster Live 24 Bit External

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

what would you suggest for me to set my sound card setting to using Soundblaster Live 24 Bit External

Thanks John

发表时间 Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 8:56 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what do you want to be able to do with it?

发表时间 Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 11:36 pm
paulettecerra wrote :
what would you suggest for me to set my sound card setting to using Soundblaster Live 24 Bit External

Thanks John

if you are usiing the sound card to set an external mixer and 3 audio outs (chanel one, two and samplers ) will be ok if you are using for a sound card an you are using a controller as bcd2000, bcd3000, icdx, or any other, then you will be ok also, but this sound card does not suport ASIo so no good for TCCDs or TCVS..

REgrads

Dj Quintana

发表时间 Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 10:26 pm
Sorry, let me try again..

The slider control for the sound card settings. How high should I have it before I will encounter any problem? I left the setting in the default settings and it works fine but what would be the recommended settings for this sound card. Just for sound.

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 4:39 am
lalo90Home userMember since 2006
the soundcard supports ASIO drive with 2 in/out for use of TCCD or TCV but it lags
other then that the card is pretty decent(had one and was pleased with it)

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 3:40 pm
then the defalt setting is fine?

what about the other sound card settings?

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 8:31 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Hi
I had that sound card and it is very good for the money. It has only one stereo input, not two as someone said above so no TCV use.
You can make it at 11ms(512) with no Safemode and Overclock, and it can go at 5ms (256) but with Overclock enabled. With ASIO it should work ok.

发表时间 Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 11:37 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
Hi
I had that sound card and it is very good for the money. It has only one stereo input, not two as someone said above so no TCV use.
You can make it at 11ms(512) with no Safemode and Overclock, and it can go at 5ms (256) but with Overclock enabled. With ASIO it should work ok.

Thanks DJ-ALF..

Not using ASIO. Just Mixing with NTC.

I have it set Auto with Safemode and Overclock and seems to work but I alway feel the need to tweek. I don't understand much of these setting and what they do.
What's the dif betwean 11ms and 5ms.
What about Master tempo, Scratch, and 48khz - 44khz settings. Should I just the the default settings that the presets slider gives me.

John

发表时间 Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 6:49 am
Hi
When you turn on Safemode, latency and Overclock options are disabled.
Safemode is just what it says, you are safe from cracks, pops and latency issues.
Overclock try to make sound card to work on lower latencies, but use this and test before go public ;)
5ms is faster than 11ms (1000 part of a second) and you can only benefit from it if you are TCV or scratch user, with NTC 11ms is ok (I use the same with Hercules MK2).
Master Tempo is Timestretch option and it changes speed while key (tone) remain the same.
Use 44Khz, you don't need 48.
Hope this helps.

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 7:46 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
Hi
When you turn on Safemode, latency and Overclock options are disabled.
Safemode is just what it says, you are safe from cracks, pops and latency issues.
Overclock try to make sound card to work on lower latencies, but use this and test before go public ;)
5ms is faster than 11ms (1000 part of a second) and you can only benefit from it if you are TCV or scratch user, with NTC 11ms is ok (I use the same with Hercules MK2).
Master Tempo is Timestretch option and it changes speed while key (tone) remain the same.
Hope this helps.

Big time help. Thanks you so much.. What ex-soundcard would allow the hightest settings. My blog has my computer specs and if I'm lacking somthing in my pc, please tell me what to upgrade.

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 2:09 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
Hi
Hope this helps.

I think I’m missing something.

I do see a way to select 44 or 48.

What about the MASTER TEMPO settings? FAST or ADVANCED?

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 8:20 pm
AH HA!!! It took some digging but I found the 44Khz setting.

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 9:02 pm
There you go ;)
About Master Tempo, use FAST if you have lower specs. For Advanced you need good specs machine and it will give you better sound while changing speed ;)

发表时间 Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 4:04 pm
paulettecerra wrote :
What ex-soundcard would allow the hightest settings. My blog has my computer specs and if I'm lacking somthing in my pc, please tell me what to upgrade.

You can use ESI U46DJ or Maya44.
About your machine, CPU, you should consider Intel Core 2 6750 with 4MB cache ;)
Everything else is ok.

发表时间 Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 4:08 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
paulettecerra wrote :
What ex-soundcard would allow the hightest settings. My blog has my computer specs and if I'm lacking somthing in my pc, please tell me what to upgrade.

You can use ESI U46DJ or Maya44.
About your machine, CPU, you should consider Intel Core 2 6750 with 4MB cache ;)
Everything else is ok.

Will ESI U46DJ or Maya44 allow me to use vdj sound card to the hightest settings.

发表时间 Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 8:54 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)