快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: seeking thoughts and advise.... Please help the newbies!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello all!

Thanks in advance for the time you all spend on replying to posts and offering your insight and wisdom to the beginners who are just starting out.

I have a few basic questions which the answers will influence where my hard earned cash is spent.

I have been thoroughly enjoying using virtual DJ 4.3 with my Power g4 laptop. (1.67 GHZ, 1.5 GB DDRAM), Tiger 10.4.10)

I use the software with an external numark mixer and a M - Audio firewire interface.

I have just been given some pretty decent turntables from a friend who is moving overseas... Therefore I am considering buying virtual vinyl along with Cue.

Here are my questions,

1) Does Version 5 of VD run on a power book with my specs or do I need a new computer..ie (duo core macbook pro)

2) Does the Numark interface take the place of my M-audio (which I can still return) Basically, it is important for me to still be able to play the software with an external mixer the same way I do know using the Numark hardware in replace of the M-Audio without the time code records. I need to know if the Numark harware is an audio interface with built in soundcard...I will be using it with out time code directly from the application and through an external mixer to my amp.

3) Is this a good time to buy this hardware/software or are there new hardware components to be released in the near future in which I should wait for? I have noticed two different numark virtaul vinyl interfaces online...one Black and one in a whitish color. Which is the newer? differences?

Any help in direction would be very greatly appreciated...

Great fully,

Rich Massey

发表时间 Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 2:03 am
To answer your questions:

1) Your specs are below the minimum system requirements as far as clock speed goes. According to the Numark website you need the following:

Mac OSX 10.4.7 or higher
Mac/Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or higher
1 GB RAM of higher
Available USB port (USB 2.0)
200 MB free on the hard-drive

2) Yes, the Virtual Vinyl soundcard allows you to hook up to an external amp. That's it's sole function.

3) I don't know if there are any new soundcards on the horizon for VV. The existing one works just fine unless you have the need for more 2 source inputs. And as for the whitish soundcard box you saw; that was just the original "mock-up" design that Numark released when VV was first announced. The box ended up being black and is currently the only box from Numark.

发表时间 Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 5:36 am
Thanks Dizzy,

R

发表时间 Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 6:04 am
glow7500 wrote :
1) Does Version 5 of VD run on a power book with my specs or do I need a new computer..ie (duo core macbook pro)

Currently there is NO 5.0 Mac version of VDJ or Virtual Vinyl. 5.0 is in the works, its going through Beta testing right now.

glow7500 wrote :
2) Does the Numark interface take the place of my M-audio (which I can still return) Basically, it is important for me to still be able to play the software with an external mixer the same way I do know using the Numark hardware in replace of the M-Audio without the time code records. I need to know if the Numark harware is an audio interface with built in soundcard...I will be using it with out time code directly from the application and through an external mixer to my amp.

Yes, It's a Soundcard which you will be able to run 2 turntables (or CD players) to run VDJ (VV) via timecode and if you use the throughs (pass) you will also be able to play normal records (or CD's).

glow7500 wrote :
3) Is this a good time to buy this hardware/software or are there new hardware components to be released in the near future in which I should wait for?

I currently use Virtual Vinyl. I have 3 all video residencies. I am using a Macbook Pro, 17", 2.33, 3 gb ram, ATI video card with 256 mb dedicated ram. The catch is that I have Windows installed on my $3,000 Mac. The only program I use on my Windows partition is Virtual Vinyl (I own and test VDJ but like Virtual Vinyl's interface better). It works great with Windows. Hopefully soon it also will with Mac OS X. You can't run Bootcamp with your Powerbook so the Windows version is out of luck for you. The Mac version is not currently up to par (for my standards) so your kind of in a pickle. My advise...Wait for Leopard to drop (Next Friday) if your going to buy a new computer. The Virtual Vinyl package will prob fit you perfect. You need a soundcarda license, and you use timecode.

Hope that helps,
Charlie Five

发表时间 Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 10:34 am
I have been reading posts going back nearly a year about version 5 for mac. I was thinking... maybe instead of updating my perfectly good g4 power book to buy a 800 dollar PC notebook and use it only for music and purchase the latest VDJ which is obviously more supported by atomix and numark on windows. any thoughts ??

Thanks

R

发表时间 Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 6:19 am
Question, Albeit, probably dumb.

Minimum Mac Requirements: (care of virtual DJ site)

Mac:

* Mac OSX 10.4.7 or higher
* Mac/Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or higher
* Sound card with multiple sets of outputs (like the Numark DJio)
* 1 GB RAM of higher
* Available USB port (USB 2.0)
* 200 MB free on the hard-drive

* Mac/Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or higher

does this mean that the min requirement is "Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or higher" or... is the minimum requirement met if you have a g4 power book with 2 gHZ. currently I have 1.67 but can easily up=grade to 2.

Thank You,

P.S. Yes you will see me as a pro user as soon as i have this sorted. I do not want to purchase software which is not compatible with my hardware..

Thanks you all

warm regards,

Rich

发表时间 Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 6:38 am
glow7500 wrote :
I was thinking... maybe instead of updating my perfectly good g4 power book to buy a 800 dollar PC notebook and use it only for music and purchase the latest VDJ which is obviously more supported by atomix and numark on windows. any thoughts?

Thats a very good idea. Prob what I would do. You can get a very good Windows based computer for alot cheaper than the higher end Macbook Pro. VDJ runs great on Windows and you can dedicated the new PC strictly for music and video since you have your Powerbook to do everything else on

发表时间 Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 7:49 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)