快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: djing with a laptop

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Guys i am new at djing and i'm djing with a laptop with only one soundcard so the consequence is that i cannot put in earphones to hear what is playing on the other line while the first is playing. Is there any hardware i can get besides buying another soundcard or do i have to make some configurations?Anybody with help can e-mail me to --@--.--, it would be much appreciated.

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry fabulous_sa no email address is allowed from a demo user

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:03 pm
You really need a 4.1 /5.1 soundcard to seperate the channels including earphone. If your just in the house working VDJ then thats all you need. Most other djs like to have some control away from the computer. So controllers like the DAC2,3 / mk2 / NTC are among a few thats prefered among some of the VDJs.

发表时间 Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:49 pm
Or the Hercules Mark II!

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 3:58 pm
arthurvasey wrote :
Or the Hercules Mark II!

ummm OK... The MK2 = MKII = Hercules

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 12:00 am
kaosxxxHome userMember since 2007
i currently just use turntables for my mixin and scratching im trying to get the heads up about these timecode record software like serato orwhatever is it worth the money? Ive been sratching for man y years and want to know is there any differencen between
sratching and mixing with the software such as a delay or anything. What software do you recomend for someone
like me whos not that skilled when it comes to computers and is it worth it?

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 9:10 pm
Most TT DJs have converted over to digital but you have to make that decision yourself. Is it worth carrying cases. Is it worth being able to find a song in seconds giving more time to mix. Is it worth it being more creative with your mixes. Is it worth having more aux available ie samples, video, effects. Is it worth being able to shutdown, unplug, close cases and leave in 10 - 15 minutes.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 11:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 12:29 pm
I think that's a great question that get's right to the heart of DJ'ing. Some would say that TT"s or mp3's depend on what type of DJ'ing you do. (They're right) Smoe say it depends on the way you personally like to DJ. They're right too. It took me a long time to get the feel of starting a song at the right moment without feeling the vinyl and pushing grooves into the beat already playing. (You can only do that with vinyl, time code or analog). But I do mobile and I INSIST that if a club type atmosphere breaks out I'm ready to beatmatch my way into the All Time DJ Hall of Fame, I love House, Disco and Old School Funk and could mix it up all night.
So Virtual DJ has me ready for either style and allows me to bring all of those really weird requests that people ask for. (I'm still struggling with the Browser options and as soon as somebody comes out with something that TRULY organizes music files automatically, I'm gonna buy one to love and another if that one breaks down.
I have a dual cd player and a four channel mixer so I can mix the CD"s that guests bring, my (crowd favorites) and feel more hands on when riding the pitch. I also use two channels with a Numark DJ i/o (channels 3 and 4 on my cased mixer) because the crossfader and up faders are Tascam (Higher quality and more accurate than my Behringer BCD 200. I have the same hardware all four channels.
So why bring the Berhringer? I can cue an mp3 file by rotating the jog wheels and watching the waveform. I can also Sync/Start-Hit an Effect or loop instantly with one button, (Awsome results for the crowd)
Also....to offer another suggestion for those wanting to get Hip Hop into the night...I loop a good dance beat, kick and high hat endlessly with the VDJ, then I fade current Hip Hop songs in and out in time with the beat. It's one beat for 20 or 30 minutes, but the Hip Hop heads have their favorite songs coming in and out and I maintain my club/house crowd.
Eventually I'll be completely digital...no need for vinyl or CD's of any kind. I'll need a great hardware controller with an easy to use ASIO interface built in that doesn't cost a fortune first. And I'll need to practice more with the software, but (from the heart) as long as VDJ is around the practice will be fun, creative, accurate and soulful.
Who said the DJ can't lead the Lawrence Wek(er's) into the club and rock their butts off.
Peace and Love for ALL the DJ's

发表时间 Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 4:17 pm
I am new to Virtual DJ, I have been using Serato Scratch Live, which requires most of gears but now I want to scale down on equipments. When I use VDJ Where do I input the headphone to listen to the song before the mix? I am currently using a Dell XPS Desk Top computer. I think it came with a cheap manufature sound card. Do I need a special one card?

发表时间 Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 10:39 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
serato and vdj ideally work the same. both need a decent soundcard (where serato comes with a soundcard already but IMHO is a substandard piece of gear). the beauty of vdj is that you can select a really good soundcard. for turntablists, this is key because the latency of the soundcard affects the reaction time for scratching when using timecode vinyls.

ive tested vdj using an EMU 1616m soundcard which gave 2ms latency with perfect sound quality. this is much closer to the real thing of turntablism than anything serato can ever offer. you can get 1ms latency when using an expresscard sound card (emu 1616 is cardbus which is older version of expresscard).

if you have a laptop that comes with a surround sound card, you can use vdj with a mixer. however your same problem exists. you need an external mixer. this problem will never go away if you want to be a professional dj. you can still get gear which allows you to mix and use vdj, but it's still an extra piece of gear. look around the forum, there are lots of people using them.

for me, im waiting to buy an ecler nova 5 which is eclers first fully digital mixer, no need for a soundcard anymore. just waiting to see specs on the latency first because im very picky about that.

发表时间 Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 11:17 pm
Thanx a million. I guest I have to get a top notch soundcard if I am going VDJ.

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 12:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)