快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Vinyl into MP3? VDJ + MK2 capabilities question:

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

arfurHome userMember since 2007
Hi All,
I am deciding whether to buy VDJ and a hercules MK2, but I absolutely need to know the answer to a few questions regarding the capabilities of the setup:

I would have MK2 connected to PC and two external SL-1210s. I want to use the MK2 phono inputs for the 1210's, and use it as a 'regularish' mixer for when mixing between vinyls. I'm sure there is no problem here.

(1) Now, if I want to mix from vinyl (not using virtual vinyl) into MP3, will VDJ measure + calculate BPM of external vinyl currently playing?

(2) Can it beatmatch the pending MP3 with to synchronise with external vinyl?

(3) Second, can I use the MK2 in stand-alone mode, in order to act as a normal mixer between two SL-1210's? IE NO COMPUTER CONNECTED! Just an amp and speakers...

Thanks in advance,
Arf

发表时间 Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 2:40 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please don't double post - I have locked your other thread. -- cstoll, Moderator

发表时间 Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 6:28 pm
Apologies, my work web content blocker blocked my first attempt to post. I clicked to receive another 5 mins of non-work related access time and reposted, only to see the first post had actually made it.

It tried to delete the second post, but the forum does not seem to provide for this.

Thanks for your help, can anyone else shed further light on the subject at hand?

发表时间 Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 6:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nasty sounds a visious system there lol

what version of vdj are you using?

发表时间 Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 9:24 pm
Hi Skyfxl,

I've got the trial version for evaluation only, no probs with that.. But when I play it's hard house on analog equip - 99.99% of my music is on vinyl. My mixer blew itself up last week, and while looking for a new one I stumbled across hercules and VDJ, downloaded the trial to see what it's like, and was impressed.

Now I need to decide whether to replace my old mixer with an analog one, or to embrace technology and move over to digital. I am reluctant to do this if the mk2 does not cope well with vinyl to vinyl mixing, which is what I'll be doing most of the time. Or all of the time, if it can work as a mixer without a PC present.

I can see myself purchasing mp3 instead of buying vinyl if the system works well, but I need to understand exactly what VDJ is capable of when mixing from vinyl into a MP3, as per my original question. And actually to add to that, if the herc mk2 + VDJ will make ripping from vinyl to MP3 less of a misery or not :-)

Basically if beatmixing from real vinyl into MP3 is a pain or not well supported, I'll forget it all and stay with analog for the time being. But if not, well I'll get me chequebook and get very excited :-)

Thanks,
Arf

发表时间 Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 9:35 pm

(1) Now, if I want to mix from vinyl (not using virtual vinyl) into MP3, will VDJ measure + calculate BPM of external vinyl currently playing?

yes this is possible , drag the icon of your soundcard from the soundcard section , onto a deck and it will caculate the bpm

you can aslo use the timecoded vinyls , rip your collection using the Rip Vinyl tool

(2) Can it beatmatch the pending MP3 with to synchronise with external vinyl?

yes

(3) Second, can I use the MK2 in stand-alone mode, in order to act as a normal mixer between two SL-1210's? IE NO COMPUTER CONNECTED! Just an amp and speakers...

no, its not a mixer its a computer soundcard

if you need that get a maya 44 usb or a Virtual Vinyl box and use a Nou4 mixer

if you buy VV u aslo get full numark cue (virtual dj)

发表时间 Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 10:45 pm
Thanks Skyfxl,

Thats exactly what I needed to know. So I would be correct in saying the phono inputs to the MK2 get digitized and routed back to the PC, and are not simple analog paths around the soundcard within the Mk2.

That's good news then! Much inspired.

Thanks,
Arthur

发表时间 Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 11:11 pm
the phono inputs are digitised yes

发表时间 Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 10:35 am
Hi again,

OK, got me MK2 today, all set up and having fun. But, I cannot for the life of me fathom how to measure BPM of external vinyl as described!
Can you tell me in stupid-speak where the soundcard section is that I drag an icon from?

Very pleased with how it works, but really want to get that little bit of functionality workin for me!

Thanks,
Arf

发表时间 Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 9:20 pm
Ah, found the icons...

But if I drag a soundcard on when EQ is enabled on external vinyl, nothing happens, except it says ERROR in the song title bar. And when I turn off EQ, I get no error, but no readings either. I guess this may require some wrestling then..

发表时间 Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 10:19 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)