发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:41 pm
on second look.... with a little help from SkyFXL

For video mixing :
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-8600M-GS.3707.0.html
memory type: GDDR3, DDR2
maximal memory: 512 MB
shared memory: no

Get the HP Pavilion dv9535nr, 256 MB dedicated dedicated video ram

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c01062310&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_UKEN

The HP Pavilion dv6575us only has 128 MB dedicated graphic ram dedicated.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01069047&cc=uk&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3439673&dlc=en&lang=en

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:45 pm
Yes, I want to be able to get into video mixing later on so, I guess the dv9535nr is better? But it's at 1.5GHZ. Is that still ok?

BTW, thanks for your help.

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:51 pm
yes, dont worry about the rest of the stuff :)

Even a single core laptop can run VDJ fine, and those babies are both dual core with 2 giga ram! rocking :)

But if you plan on video mixing, get the one with the best graphic card...

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:53 pm
Cheers man. Greatly appreciate it.

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:54 pm

no prob:) I'm jealous.. you will have a better laptop than mine ...hehe

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:56 pm
Hehe, what do you have?

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:00 pm
about same specs, but lesser graphic card, and lesser ram... A Fujitsu Siemens one.

Works great though;)

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:01 pm
Cool. Thank you, you can go about your busy life now. Another life saved here. :) I'll get that b***** on Saturday and strip all that HP/Windows/Antivirus crap off & set VDJ up.

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:06 pm

yeah, defo try to get an OEM Vista disk with the purchase (you are entitled to it), and clean install... HP/DELL/Compaq etc preinstall a LOT of bloatware

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:07 pm
when you get it home , even though it's a nice unit , it won't be gig ready ........ as far as speed goes ...speed actually does get over hyped.......

one of the best qualities is compatibility really , not speed , where all the components and apps will play together nice , and if you have more than minimum ram that is good also , but not a magic wand either ..... lotsa ram and lotsa cpu speed are worth zero when you are frozen .....

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:09 pm
Norway's right .... yer gonna have boatloads of barfware to get rid of .......means too many processes , loaded up start menu ........

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:11 pm
here's some cool , hopefully helpful apps to try ....... get diskeeper and defrag the new unit , then clean the registry with regcleaner , go to microsoft update and get all your updates , including direct x , turn off auto updates when you are done ......... for anti virus use Zone Alarm , or Trend Micro ......Avast's Alwil is free and nearly as good .... you will need to get rid of the barfware and clean the reg and defrag when you are done eliminating apps , then there is still turning off services and maybe even changing protocols for secondary ide channel , turn off wifi and bluetooth and power management ..... i use Printkey , Irfanview , and keep my Java runtime environment up to date ..... i do let (gasp) the gig machine online , so i use Firefox browser with pimpzilla skin .......

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:30 pm
Thanks chuck, i'll keep all that in mind.

发表时间 Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 11:48 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

yeah, defo try to get an OEM Vista disk with the purchase (you are entitled to it), and clean install... HP/DELL/Compaq etc preinstall a LOT of bloatware

They refused to give me the disk. Do I have the right to, can I demand it? I bought the laptop from Best Buy.

发表时间 Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 6:19 pm

well, not sure about your local laws, but you should. You paid for an OEM install,and should have it available in case you need to reinstall.
But there is also a serial number on a Microsoft sticker on the laptop itself, and you can get the install disk from Microsoft for shipment cost only (at least they used to, maybe you can even download it now)

And dont ask Best Buy, go to HP forum/support and ask. Bet they can provide you an OEM download :)

发表时间 Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 7:22 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)