快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJ for Rock/Alternative-Music?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, i´m totally new to this whole thing. Currently i use good ol´Winamp (shame on me...) when i´m DJing. Seems to work nice for my style of music: Rock/Alternative, a little bit electronic music (Chemical Brothers, Prodigy etc.). What benefits could Virtual DJ bring me? I won´t have to mix the music, i only need a good and fast search engine and the ability to fade between the songs in the playlist.

Thanks,

Kutscher

发表时间 Tue 26 Oct 04 @ 8:59 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well the first question one might have is, and please don't take this the wrong way, Have you ever Dj'ed professionally/privately on 2 turntables and a mixer? If your answer is yes, then you would probably love VDJ.

What VDJ is, is a Digital DJing Suite. You have 2 virtual turntables through the software which allows you to play digital audio files. It also allows you to mix/preview/apply effects etc... to the digital music all working off your computer. You can either use just a computer/keyboard/mouse or VDJ allows for external equiptment to be used to control the software. Take a good look around this web site to see what VDJ is actually capable of. In my opnion the software is awsome. The best I have come across. And if you are using Winamp to play music, all I have to say is that it is a nice mp3 player and that is about it.

I suggest you download the trial version of VDJ located on this web site and test it out for yourself. I can bet you will be impressed. It really is a very simple program to use with so many capabilities it will blow your mind. You will be up and mixing in no time with VDJ!

-DJ Digital JaK

And now back to your regulary scheduled program.

发表时间 Tue 26 Oct 04 @ 11:55 pm
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey, Kutcher, I'm in pretty much the same boat you are. I DJ at Goth/Industrial events, which means I don't do scratching or anything like that. So, the question I asked myself was "Why do I need this program instead of just using Winamp? What can VDJ do that Winamp doesn't, which I will actually USE?" For me, the answer was "more flexible mixing." Not all songs will mix together with a 5-second preset fade. Some end abruptly, and some have very long outros. With VDJ, you can mix the songs manually, or you can define crossfade points to allow the automix to work.
The other thing I use is the beatmatching capability. If you have a couple of songs pretty close to each other in BPM, you can beatmatch them, to keep up the energy of the room. It might not be ABSOLUTELY necessary, but it can be fun, and set you apart from other Rock DJ's in your area.
And, as your skills grow, VDJ will be able to keep up with you, whereas you'll outgrow Winamp very quickly. Of course, if you never expect or need anything fancier than a jukebox, then VDJ might be more than you need. That's a decision you'll ultimately have to make for yourself.

Däch
http://www.closedcaskets.com/
http://www.clubapparition.info/

发表时间 Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 7:25 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)