快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: CPU or Processor?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi all,
I've got a Dell Dimension D521

The full specification is detailed below:-

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000 (2.1GHz)
Memory - 1024 MB (1 GB) (DDR2 533 MHz) - Maximum Supported 4gb
Hard Drive - 250gb (7200rpm)
Graphics - ATI Radeon x300 Graphics Card (128 mb)
Audio - Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Network - Integrated 10/100 network adapter
Operating System - Microsoft® Windows® Vista Home

This system has 'crate loads' of potential, but it keeps 'freeze' crashing after an hour of using it with V.5. :0(

I believe the Vista software is the problem, but I'm unsure of what step to take to remedy the 'illness'.

"Are there any doctors in the house?"

I've been looking forward to some video mixing, but I've had to put it on hold, til this issue has been addressed.

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 4:10 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
My Vista is fine.

I have Intel viiv processor and 2Gb RAM

I found I had issues only when using an old USB hub

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 4:31 pm
have you seen Norway's set up guide sticky ..... try those fixes they cover the common issues

you only have 1 gig ram .... graphics card is only 128 ..........

you are going to need to turn off unnecessary services and remove items from start up , for starters turn all energy mgmt options to never , disable wifi and bluetooth ........

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 5:03 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sorry GAFA, but you have a DELL computer, which means there is a 90% chance that your problem can only be fixed by getting a different brand of laptop :(

Unless it is somehow a vista problem (vista users are reporting stable operation however), then you will find that a lot of Dell users have found irricoverable problems.

Does it only crash using video? You gfx card is a tad on the low end side, but its about the same as my geforece 6800 128mb which does video flawlessly.

Good luck!

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 6:39 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
My cousing has MK2 with a Dell and I use a Dell when mobile so I can't see wht that would be an issue.

Are you trying to mix video??

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 8:49 pm
i know Dell couldn't be so big and popular if all there products were bad ......... i'm sure all manufacturers have had defective units

i think with Vista if you have one gig of ram that's kinda mediocre , whereas with XP that would be a little better number ,

i only have 128 on my ATI card but i don't have much problem because my platform is set up well

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 10:31 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
my friend just bought a dell laptop got it home

turned it on and the mobo failed

:(

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 10:35 pm
not to mention all the unnessasary software Dell installs in addition to it all.
there are a few posts about removing all the crap thats not needed :)

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 10:52 pm
uhhhhhh they ALL load 'em with tons of crap .......

发表时间 Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 11:18 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)