快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Question about CBG's

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I know this is a long shot but, probably a dream but I have to ask.
If you line up the first CBG to the first beat, it will definetely drift over later on in the song if the BPM is wrong right.

Is there a way that the CBG can match the wave-form. In other words, can the CBG just stay on the highest bars on the waveform? Probably the Kicks and the snares.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:23 am
manually anchor it to the beats

(also a GREAT way to manually get correct BPM if wrong)

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:33 am

probably the most over-looked and underrated way of correcting BPM/CGB's

All it takes is setting anchor on the beat ;)

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:55 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Some times there's a warp in the song, so anchors won't be enough. In my selfbuilf controller I've assigned two potentiometers in order to change the phase of the CBG live.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:05 am

Would be nice, but as of now, the VDJ BPM is the average bpm of the song, so its built on the logic that the song has a steady beat through the song.. (and most songs do)

:)

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:09 am
Wow thanks, I'll try it. Man VDJ has a lot I don't know about.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 2:11 am
Using the method that Norway posted above, I tend to get the BPM from 8 beats, then move out to the 32~ish range, and make sure the main markes is aligned with the correct beat. Using the 2nd beat marker button. This will adjust the BPM a minor amount, but will have a better average of the song.

Keep working your way through the song, ensuring the 2nd beat marker is properly positioned throughout, changing where necessary, until you get to the last beat, more or less anyway.

Then make sure that the last main-marker beat you can really see on the wave has the main marker in the correct place on the beat.

Since the software knows the BPM already, it will make the most minor adjustments, meaning you should now have a completely accurate CBG, that is, if the song isn't warped.

This is the way I use the manual BPM edit in VDJ. It is especially useful on RnB, where VDJ usually has a hard time getting the correct BPM.

If u can get a use of Ableton Live for any length of time, you can pop your warped song in there, using their marker system, you can re-export your MP3 and have a song you can then use in VDJ without worrying about it being warped :D

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 3:59 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Try to use a program called ableton live 6. It has a warper that warps tracks to constant speed, then you can export warped track to wav file. I have used it to warp all my oldies and disco tracks to constant beat. Then I can mix em perfectly on VDJ. The process takes time but results are great.

Of course it could be great if VDJ had warper too.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 2:45 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Oops! Didn't see that Steve already mentioned ableton.

发表时间 Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 3:44 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)