快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Is there a Master Volume in VDJ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Is there a Master Volume somewhere in the program? Last night was the first time I used Virtual Vinyl (VDJ) at my residency. All video and it went very smooth with version 4.3. The only problem that I had was that my volume was significantly lower than If I played CDs or Records. I know its not the Mixer, I have a brand new Pioneer DJM 800. I have the auto gain in the program set to 'always 0db'.

发表时间 Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 9:51 pm
Yeah, it's right there on the top of the program. It says master, (it's a lil slider thing, not a knob) however unless some freak thing happened or you adjusted it, it's already on max. You probably have to set the gain on your mixer, after all that's what they're there for.

发表时间 Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 10:11 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's the soundcard, most soundcards have an output level lower that that of a CD player. You can check your soundcard settings to be sure that all is set to 100%, but even at 100% you will probably need to increase the gain on the mixer to get the same level as on your CDJ's.

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 12:03 am
Van Wilder wrote :
You probably have to set the gain on your mixer, after all that's what they're there for.

I know how to use my gains. I had the shit clipping last night (on the mixer, not in VV) to keep it at a loud enough volume.

I'll check again in the program to see if I accidently moved the max volume slider.

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 1:49 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What soundcard are you using? have you checked the soundcard levels?

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 1:50 am
<----- Using the Virtual Vinyl soundcard.

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 1:52 am
Think there is a way to adjust the VV box?

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 1:53 am
I was going to say no, but maybe it is possible through the windows volume interface? Does it say anything in the manual? What about over at the numark forum?

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 2:36 am
I know with the Maya44 USB, it has it's own control panel where you need to go to adjust the volume, in the Windows Control Panel screen, it's grayed out so you can't change it.

Possibly be the same idea with the VV sound card.

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 4:16 am
I thought he would have already checked that, but yeah that's where I'd look first.

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 5:36 am
Van Wilder wrote :
Yeah, it's right there on the top of the program. It says master, (it's a lil slider thing, not a knob) however unless some freak thing happened or you adjusted it, it's already on max. You probably have to set the gain on your mixer, after all that's what they're there for.

craazy as it sounds i have never seen the master either. what skin? I switched to internal skin...& isee independent channel sliders...but no master gain.

Am I blind?

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 10:33 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
funkturnal wrote :

craazy as it sounds i have never seen the master either. what skin? I switched to internal skin...& isee independent channel sliders...but no master gain.

Am I blind?

Yes... you're blind,... check again, wear glasses this time -)
(internal mixer skin)

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 10:51 am
funkturnal wrote :

Am I blind?

Look at the top next to the time!

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 12:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ has a Master Volume slider that is usually found in the top bar of most skins. It is a skin option so if the skinner doesn't add it you won't see one. Of the 4 Default Skins the Internal Mixer skin contains the slider right of center in the top bar next to the right deck's BPM button.

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 3:41 pm
Yeah, I found the Master Volume slider in the Vmix skin. I use the Cue widescreen video skin though which doesn't have it. It was all the way up.

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 8:55 pm
i was having a problem simieler to thisgo to the (well in xp) control panel,sounds and audio devices find the propertise of the sounds and choose audio tab. on the sund playback part choose the VV sound card and make sure the volume is all the way up . i had this prob with my numark cm200usb mixer turned up one but not the other and took forever to get it all striat well it nother else i tried

发表时间 Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 2:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)