快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Auto BPM/Timecode problems

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
First of all thanks for the inputs i had before but i want to concentrate on the one that is buggin me the most. Please let me also know if you have similar problems and how you are working around them. My MAIN system is a Macbook pro 2.4 (newest chipset), 2gb, external FW 800 400gb drive, conectiv soundcard, DMJ-800 mixer (midi connected also), Denon 3500's (pro timecode and normal timecode gives the same results, strangly enough)... running bootcamp 1.4, win xp pro clean...

At the moment it is running rather well, the last 2/3 days without serious issues other then the one ill try to explain below. The following tips i have for other people running VDJ5 on a mac... dont search with the * because that will hamper audio play... make sure you have all network devices disabled, when i say all i mean all not only wifi...

The big issues i have, is with the new timecode engine and am wondering how many people have the same issues...

Timecode seems to make the system unstable, all 3 systems i use for sets, dont have problems running without timecode... Biggest problems i have now are related i think to the the non auto stop of the timecode, its giving the following problems:
1) Auto bpm is useless since its non fuctional when using timecode... it will not auto adjust unless you dont stop the cdj's like 10 sec before you load a new song...
2) If you load quickly after letting the old song stop slowly (power off 1200 effect), it will hamper waveform display after loading a new track, it stops as soon as you have tc running again, however see below
3) When you stop the track after loading a new song and timecode is still running, it will mis a new start trigger many times...meaning you have to start the timecode a couple of times before vdj catches on

Please note carefully, VDJ 4.3 did not and i repeat did not have any problems like this on all 3 machines...

发表时间 Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 6:01 am
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok last week has been really "fun" with VDJ 5, i had about 50 crashes.... anyway lets not talk about that... lets talk about what i did to fix most of them...the problems i due to the non stoppish after loading a new track are still there, i just hope they will put an option in for that... but most other issues have gone.... now i cant pinpoint which fixed what but it will maybe help for other people, who are having serious problem.... Reinstalled windows... (several versions) did not help (funny was that the most stable version was a cracked xp which trimmed down by the hackers), so i did the partitioning all over again and formatted FAT 32 instead... installed windows and just installed version 5 very clean, only database on there was the one saved on my external disk, so if your on a macbook pro and you are going to reinstall, repartition also... oh bootcamp 1.3 with updates is maybe not the way to go either, so start with a clean 1.4.. i then had some hickups in loading the tracks from the external drive, but after several restarts those disappeared like mentioned by people before..

发表时间 Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 9:33 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)