快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Screens "reflecting surface" (problem?)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm considering buying the new Acer Aspire 5920G as a video machine to replace my old Packard Bell audio only lappy, the Acer has got very good reviews from pretty much everywhere I've read, with top specs at quite a low price (althought the design is something that some love, and some hate).

Looking at the bad points in the reviews, the one that strikes me as a potential problem is this:

“Display reflects heavily"

Because my current laptop seems to have a plain old LCD screen, it doesn't reflect much at all, the viewing angles are very good. DJ'ing in different venues (often with their own pre-installed equipment) means that a laptop can't always be ideally positioned, sometimes it has to be elevated or much lower than your eye line, or pushed to the side of the decks/mixers etc, considering that my point of control might be different to where the laptop sits, I'm wondering if I might struggle looking at information such as the pitch adjustment, time remaining etc.

You can see a video of this on the review page here:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-5920G-Notebook.4217.0.html

It also mentions high surface tempartures as a negative point, so I hope over heating wont be a problem.

Does anyone here use a laptop with a glossy screen like this one?

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 3:39 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, I have Acer in my firm that I work on all day and HP 530 model, both with glossy (glare) tft and no problems at all. It wont bring you problems, don't worry ;)

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 5:29 pm

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 5:31 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I did three jobs outside this summer and the glare was TERRIBLE!! I even tried a "Glare protector" from an office supply store. If you are going to be doing any outside work it is something too consider. I don't not remember where, but someone, might have been AMaHM, had a link to a shade box for lappys on one thread. Inside most newer lappys are great, but outside.... ;-(

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 5:46 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys :). If it's bad I'll be sending the bill to you Alf, so rest assured ;).

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 1:49 am
There fine in dark places, so you should be alright, as long as the booths you work in don't have any bright lights pointing at the screen, as this is a major no no.

I've used one, where a desk lamp was situated behind me, and I found myself ducking and diving to see certain parts, however, the desk lamp was pretty much pointed at the screen :S

IMO, in the dark, they seem to have a better contrast than usual monitors.

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 3:14 am
same here, "usually" booths are alright

i also had one bad experience in an actually very nice club
lots of screens allover the place
also one huge multiscreen right behind the dj booth/stage
you can see it in my blog
everytime i got a bright scene in the video
it was almost impossible to see anything on my laptop screen,
because the big multiscreen screen behind me was covering almost every angle
but i'm sure even some other screen wouldn't made a big difference

anyway, wasn't too baaaad...
everybody had fun including myself
which is the most important thing, right ?

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 5:35 am
You could take one of these with you. It's good to have one just in case, inside or out. Plus it doesn't take up much space.

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 10:30 pm
Nice, it makes it look strange but I imagine it works well.

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 10:57 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)