快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Crazy UK Prices

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Just been checking out the prices of the Numark ICDX on Ebay

Goin by the cheapest Buy It Now options from the Ebay shops i could...

buy a ICDX in the USA for $369.00

buy a ICDX in the UK for £489.85

£489.85 is about $980

That means i could buy two in the USA and not only would that be cheaper than buying just ONE in the UK... i'd still have $240 left over !!!!

THAT IS JUST WRONG!!

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 12:38 am

agree;)
I wanted two icdx as well , but they are pretty damn expensive in Europe, compared to US

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 12:58 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well UK distributors have to pay higher TAX, VAT and allow for shipping (as almost all products are foreign).

The pricing is still obsurd though.

The best way of getting stuff cheap in the UK, would be to get a friend in the U.S. to purchase the product(s) on your behalf, re-package the new product in old packaging and brand it "Second hand" that way the shipped product isn't VAT'd. So basically you pay the dollor price + shipping, nothing else.

So you save on TAX, VAT, and the middle mans profit :).

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:06 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
dj-in-norway wrote :

agree;)
I wanted two icdx as well , but they are pretty damn expensive in Europe, compared to US

Well Rune, you can always come over and borrow mine.....Of course I live about 5000 miles away.....lol....

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:09 am
Sorry, i should of written 'Crazy European Prices'

Yeah was considering that Bagpuss.

Infact, we could fly over to the States, pick up a pair, go out for a meal, stay in a hotel, fly back.. and we would still of saved money over buying a pair here!

Come on Norway... let's make a weekend of it :)

ermm... seperate rooms obviously! :)

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:12 am
What's the lowest price one can fly to the states for then? that just doesn't sound possible..

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:15 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if they can charge it they will
you have the freedom of trade to get one from america and with multi region power supplies becoming more and more common this is gaining in popularity. there used to be this american website that would send whatever you wanted round the world as long as you paid with american expresss! the prices we brits pay is just wrong if you work it out using the current exchange rate but this is historicly favourable to the pound at the moment so makes the price in america seem a lot lower.

know anyone in the states? wire them the money and get them to buy it and fed ex it to you as a gift (no import duty!)

its the same with any consumer goods, you used to have the right to ask for a car in right hand drive in germany and many brits used to make the journey to germany to buy the same car they would in the UK for two thirds of the cost

we also have the lowest crude and refined oil prices but the highest at the pump? britain is a rip off. know your rights and use them and get your kit at the best price

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:16 am

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:18 am
Dj Xeo wrote :
britain is a rip off. know your rights and use them and get your kit at the best price

I'll drink to that! but I wont be drinking in any bars, best go to ASDA (Walmart UK).

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:20 am
digimixer wrote :

Come on Norway... let's make a weekend of it :)

ermm... seperate rooms obviously! :)

hehehe :)

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:20 am
@digimixer,
That's cheap!! I can't fly to Central Europe for that!

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:22 am
Bagpuss wrote :
@digimixer,
That's cheap!! I can't fly to Central Europe for that!

Actually i must admit, until you asked the question, i hadn't checked the flight prices, i was suprised too when i saw how cheap they are!

Well if we go to the States, we could probably buy a private jet cheaper than the ICDX is here :)

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:27 am
You can fly return with virgin for under £300, probably my favourite airline when their inflight entertainment is actually working.

Edit again haha: those prices are from canada to america.

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:29 am
Yes although instead of checking Ebay for prices why not look up local stores that sell the product? you will see that the prices are actually pretty close compared to Ebay.

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:21 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cheapest I could find in Australia was $895 Aussie Dollars (715 US / 532 EUR) Still thought that was a resonable price so I purchased 2.

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 3:13 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can take them from US, but if it gets fault and you need your warranty... ;)

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:38 pm
DJ_whiteDVL wrote :
Yes although instead of checking Ebay for prices why not look up local stores that sell the product? you will see that the prices are actually pretty close compared to Ebay.

Hi DJ_whiteDVL

I was only checking the Ebay shops (ignored private auctions and sales), these Ebay shops are sometimes just normal retails outlets with an Ebay presence. They all had feedback of over 10,000, all prices where "Buy it Now" prices.

There were quite a few Ebay shops in the States selling themt and they ranged from $370 - $450
If you find a UK retail outlet in the UK selling them for £185- £225 ($370 - $450)... then please let me know. :)

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:42 pm
ICDX on e-bay available for $349-$369 are all customer returns and I would hesitate to by an item returned by somebody to save $100 or so. I prefer to buy only new in box (NIB) items from e-bay

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:57 pm
Well spotted.

Well, despite that, the same applies, it's still way way way cheaper in the USA.

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:02 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

agree;)

I reckon Atmoix should give you a pair in return for you doing their website for them :)

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:33 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)