快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: OFFICIAL VDJ 5.0 Features Video - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am not impressed (Rolling eyes)

发表时间 Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 11:06 pm

Well, you gotta realize that VDJ is developed on a PC platform first,
And after its done, and working, the code is rewritten for mac.

Thats just how developement is.

the option (for dual OS release) would be to hold back the PC version until Mac was finished too, but I dont think the mac users here are that evil :)

So please be patient, goddies for mac real soon :)

发表时间 Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 11:51 pm
dydy1 wrote :
I am not impressed (Rolling eyes)

And so it begins (Rolling eyes)... ;)

Look, no one is as anxious for VDJ Mac 1.0 ( =P ) as I am.

But we do have to understand that porting code to a relatively new platform (Atomix never had anything to do with Mac OS X until recently) is a complicated and time consuming process.

If you're "tired" of hearing it from Atomix because you think it's just them, then ask yourself why a REALLY major software developer like EA Games is now revising their timelines for Mac versions of their products that they promised us in June would be out in July:

...shows the game maker to have broken the promises made to Mac users at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, where EA's chief creative officer Bing Gordon said onstage that all six games would be available during the summer ... When pressed for an explanation, the EA spokesperson said there were no definitive reasons available for the delay but alluded to a possible lack of experience with Mac development. This was possibly prompted in part by the company's years-long absence from the platform."

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/08/16/ea_backtracking_on_claims_of_simultaneous_mac_game_releases.html

My point is that even though this doesn't make the wait any easier to stand, this isn't just an "Atomix thing." EA Games' CCO was the first guest speaker alongside Steve Jobs at Apple's annual DEVELOPER conference and made promises that they couldn't keep because they were unable to foresee some of the obstacles and learning curves needed to port their products to the current version of Mac OS X.

On top of that, EA isn't even writing the code from scratch the way Atomix is (they're using a somewhat "automated" virtualization software solution) AND they have already written code for Mac OS X in the fairly recent past (they've been gone from the Mac platform for about 3-4 years), so they're not even "brand new" to Mac OS X like Atomix is.

We'll get there asap and it will have been worth the wait. =)

发表时间 Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 11:54 pm
this looks great!

will we see BCD3000 support?

and will this be available this month for mac? :P

发表时间 Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 5:54 am
Ok... so EA Games stepped up to the plate only a day after the article I linked above about their Mac software delays: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/08/17/first_wave_of_ea_mac_games_finally_en_route_to_stores.html

BUT, as I mentioned before, EA Games has 2 things going for them that Atomix needs to overcome (and will): 1) they are not new to Mac OS X. They were only outdated on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger having left the Mac platform since Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar 3-4 years ago, and 2) they are not writing their code natively from the ground up and are using TransGaming's Cider - "Cider is a sophisticated portability engine that allows Windows games to be run on Intel Macs without any modifications to the original game source code."

Atomix is getting it's feet wet on the Mac platform at the right time though:

"The Intel-Mac Explosion"

Why should developers and publishers consider the Mac market? In the last quarter alone, Apple shipped over 1.5 million Macs, generating the most profitable quarter in Apple's history. Apple's financial results represent growth of 36%, more than three times the industry growth rate with analysts forecasting an installed base in excess of 12 million Intel Macs by the end of 2007. A poll of Mac purchasers conducted by Apple shows that nearly 50% of buyers are new to Mac which implies that more and more Windows users are switching to Mac.

VDJ 5.0 Mac will be here asap, but not before it's done. We'll all be much happier and better off because of Atomix's responsible approach to releases in that they won't release 5.0 for Mac until it's on par with the windows version.

THAT is when VDJ 5.0 Mac will clearly outshine VDJ windows. We as the VDJ community and Atomix/Numark as the developer and distributor respectively win in every way. =)

发表时间 Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 10:23 pm
totally agree here, good post.

I understand that it is in development, and I really only need it by September 8th (three weeks from now)

I am going to DJ a college gig with over 100 people using the mac version of VDJ and the Behringer BCD3000 on that day, so it would be great if we could see an update by then.

I know that the teamers will not be able to give me a date of availability, but I am hoping that it will be ready by then.....?

发表时间 Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 10:49 pm
ConQuest wrote :

"The Intel-Mac Explosion"

Why should developers and publishers consider the Mac market? In the last quarter alone, Apple shipped over 1.5 million Macs, generating the most profitable quarter in Apple's history. Apple's financial results represent growth of 36%, more than three times the industry growth rate with analysts forecasting an installed base in excess of 12 million Intel Macs by the end of 2007. A poll of Mac purchasers conducted by Apple shows that nearly 50% of buyers are new to Mac which implies that more and more Windows users are switching to Mac.

I have tracking on a couple websites and it shows what OS is used, I see more and more macs showing up now.

发表时间 Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 11:04 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Now, I wonder how long the team will take to release VT5 for MAc? To be continued!

发表时间 Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 8:46 pm
chemuePRO InfinityMember since 2006
when for mac?

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:13 pm
"Love is in the Air"....Great Track Atomix..i can feel hope already LOL

发表时间 Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:14 am
Honestly, the cover flow thing is cool, but don't care for it to much. I wish you made the library sorting like Itunes and MegaSeg. You can click on a Genre off to the side and it will show you only what is in that Genre. (Example Click on 80s Rock and all of your 80s Rock songs come up)

Unless they made this possible already?

发表时间 Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 5:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you look on the folder lists a special genre section has been made which automaticaly sorts music by tags,

its aslo possible to create any custom filter folder ie sort by bpm , genre , lengh ect

发表时间 Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 9:39 pm
wow couldn't wait for vdj5 for mac. Will there be more sound effects for the mac version?

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:09 am
I'm trying to decide the best mac pro to buy for video mixing. Any suggestions

发表时间 Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 2:05 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
mbp 17 2.6 doing a fine job over here.

发表时间 Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 2:48 pm
What about the graphics card and does it have to have 2Gb of memory. According to the requirements it needs 2GB of memory and 1GB of memory on the video card.

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 8:31 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
i belive it has the 8600m gt with 256 dedicated. My mpb has 2gb of ram currently, however it will have 4 very soon.

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 8:32 am
I was reading on the forum about a service that gives professional users access to the Entire Catalogs of Promo Only and others. Is this true or is someone playing?

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 8:35 am
Also what causes a yellow line to appear in the center of the videos when I activate the effects

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 8:36 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
to low graphics memory our using an out of date version of VDJ

发表时间 Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 9:52 am
91%