快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: DAC-3 Does it still stand up against others??

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I used to have a DAC-3 and I really liked it. I sold it to a mate

Recently there have been some new controllers (VCI-100, xponent. Total Control etc)

I can't see any of these outperforming the DAC-3!

What do current DAC-3 owners think to them? Do they still do what people need, compared to the others?

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 12:57 pm
Well, I had a DAC3, I recently sold it and bought the DMC2, the DMC2 is a lot more intuitive as it fits in with the VDJ skin, it all just feels so right, is easy to use and works like a dream. Especially with the Boggis DMC2 mapper.

At the end of the day, the DAC is a wotkaround, really intended for PCDJ and simply 'adapted' for use by other software as there really weren't many options. The DMC2 is MADE for VDJ/Cue and it shows!

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 1:16 pm
Hi TopHouse,

I was near your place last week - thought about calling in but was on my way to an interview, so maybe not a good idea.

Thanks for input. maybe DMC2 is the way to go, then.

It's just that there are some DAC-3s on Ebay at good prices these days.

A

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 4:57 pm

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 6:00 pm
I got the DMC2 a few months ago- to replace my DAC3.

It's definately good- I really like the video crossfade buttons on it (although recently descovered you can do the same thing with keyboard shortcuts).

I had the sticky button problem on the dac3, also the usb socket had a connection failure so I had to dismantle it twice to repair both of those. So far on the DMC2 no technical problems as yet!

The text display is pretty cool as well.

I'd say it depends how good the price on the DAC3 is!

Tell you the only thing I'm not very keen on is it seems tricky to do effects and samples on it. You have to use that "multifunction" knob, so by the time you've found the effect you want, the song's already ended.

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 6:14 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ooh, like the look of that denon controller!

Shame about the built in soundcard on it though... only two sets of outputs? Seems to be the problem with EVERY controller/soundcard combination unit out there - they all seem to assume we only need two sets of outputs, not much flexibility if you use the sampler a lot, for example. Particularly ironic that they ship this with the trial version of PCDJ Reflex, a 3 deck system...

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 6:44 pm
Yeah, the denon looks the biz, I'd be really concidering it if i hadn't bought the DMC2 already (and if VDJ can support it when it comes out). And you can plug a denon cd player draw unit into it as well!

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 6:50 pm
The DN-HC4500 has touch sensitive jog wheels, which gives you true “Total Control,”—something Numark forgot to consider.

OO

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 9:54 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Double O wrote :
The DN-HC4500 has touch sensitive jog wheels, which gives you true “Total Control,”—something Numark forgot to consider.

OO

That's good,..Hope to hear more preview of this product tho.. :)

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 9:57 pm
@asymptote

The fact that PCDJ has a partnership with Denon should answer your question about the DAC-3.

OO

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 10:15 pm

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 10:21 pm
For $499, I'll probably buy one. I thought it would cost a lot more since it's Denon. Hopefully we can use it to totally control VDJ because we can't with the Numark controllers—they don’t have touch sensitive jog wheels.

OO

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 10:26 pm
WOW... that Denon controller looks SWEEEEEEEEEEET. And it has a built-in soundcard... YESSSS!

All these new controllers that are out do not have the built in sound card... sucks for us laptop users. I do not want to run a separate USB sound card which is why I stick to my Hercules MK2 because I need the sound card.

But this Denon looks nice. I am definitely going to be first on line to get this when it comes out!

EDIT: Wait a minute... I don't see a crossfader on the Denon. CRAAAAAAP. I need a crossfader because I don't like using the club's crossfader... its too far away from where I set up my laptop.

UGH.... maybe there is a workaround. Dammit cause that controller looks sweet.

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 10:55 pm
yeap.... it doesnt have a crossfader. You will need to buy also the X-500 or X-900 and you will have FULL control and full top-brand gear. As a second, but really a second option there is the Vestax VCI-100 but it doesnt have a sound card.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 3:07 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dac 4 is probably on the horision as pcdj are only selling limited quanties of dac3s now to clear their stocks

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:01 am
Dont hold your breath Simon:) Been waitin for the PCVJ for what like 2yrs now./.. LOL

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:34 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)