快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Tough Hardware Decision - Need advice!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi all once again!

Recently I had purchased and received the Numark Total Control as well as the Numark DJ I/O equipment for DJing with my laptop. Tonight a fellow DJ had to show me (jerk lol) the M-Audio Xponent and its capabilities. He told me if I bought the Xponent instead, its a much better software controller, better to scratch with the jog dials and that it has built-in outputs on the rear as well as the headphone jack in the front, which would eliminate the need for the Numark DJ I/O.

I noticed from a few posts on here that the Xponent has to be MIDI mapped manually on VDJ/Cue, and that some functionality will be lost on the Xponent itself like certain buttons, volume faders, etc. That's the only negative thing I can see with purchasing one until it gets native support. The only positive thing I can think of is that instead of carrying around two pieces of equipment, I only have to carry the one.

I paid about $350 for my Numark equipment, and the Xponent runs around $600. Do you guys think I should return the Numark equipment, get my refund and purchase the M-Audio Xponent?

Please give me some advice, as you guys have always been helpful to my questions and yall have probably already tested out these controllers...

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 10:14 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well yes, Xponent is better controller than Total Control but it costs more and it is not natively supported in VDJ (yet). It is up to you ;)

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 12:18 pm
DJ-ALF,

Thanks for the response! If I'm correct, was it the volume controls and the LEDS that weren't working with the current version of VDJ? Was there anything else? Also, would you happen to know when the new version of VDJ is supposed to come out?

Just wanted to know the time frame so I can make a decision on my hardware. It it's going to be awhile for the new version to come out, I might just stick with my hardware for now and hold off (and save money!). Please let me know, thanks!

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 4:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i would avise agaisnt getting an xponent just yet

some users have reported issues with the jogs , im trying to track it down

it might be their machine however , i woudlnt want you to be dissapointed.

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 5:53 pm
skyfxl,

Well I guess the new version of VDJ is out! Did you ever find out if the M-Audio Xponent has native support in the new version? I still have time to return the Numark hardware if I want to. Also, do you know what Numark plans to do for Cue as far as an upgrade? I just bought the full version of Cue a few weeks ago. Thanks!

发表时间 Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 10:56 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you will get cue 5.0 apear in your downloads soon

the xponent isnt natively supported but the issue which affected the jogs is resolved so it is possible to mapp the console.

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:05 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)