快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Lighting, Atmospheric vs. Strobes

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok, I recently aquired a pair of the chauvet color bank 4's plus the american dj m200l 8" mirror ball package and an elimanter E 107 power center. So now I'm looking to next month to get more lights at a budget of $220. I'll definatly buy a stand either way, but I'm caught right now between three choices; american dj snapshot 2 strobe and chauvet abyss jr., two snapshot 2 strobes, or the chauvet oceana.

If I buy the oceana or 2 strobes then I'll probably buy the other the following month. But to help out deciding, I'd like to know from our residant pros, which should come first?

发表时间 Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 1:37 pm
why not look for a high powered strobe light instead of 2? having a strobe light gives the nice unique effect and many crowds love it although there is such a thing as too much heh. I would recommend a high powered strobe and the oceana. might give you exactly what your looking for and save you the headache of figuring out what to buy ;)

发表时间 Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 2:41 pm
Should I look at the strobes with the LEDs then? I saw a couple from chauvet at around $180, one with color and one with white LEDs. Which one would be better? Also, say I had a gig in the middle of september, before I could buy both, would it be better to have the oceana or the strobe?

发表时间 Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 2:35 pm
I just remembered that I have a brand new Chauvet Techno strobe, that's like the snapshot 2, never used. I won it at the AC convention. If you decide to go with that, I'll ship it to you for $55.00. Take a look here. I also have a new 200w strobe, but don't remember the make. Will let you know later.

发表时间 Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 12:40 am
That strobe A man and his music is offering is a pretty decent strobe for small parties (75-150 people) so I believe it might be a pretty good deal to get until you decide to get the oceana or another lighting of your choice.

发表时间 Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 3:15 am
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm gonna hold off 'till october for the strobes. Getting the oceana plus a stand is gonna eat up my sept. check, plus I wanna upgrade my 8" mirror ball to a 12";^]

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 4:38 pm
Timmyg1978 wrote :
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm gonna hold off 'till october for the strobes. Getting the oceana plus a stand is gonna eat up my sept. check, plus I wanna upgrade my 8" mirror ball to a 12";^]

we'd all love to upgrade to 12 inches

发表时间 Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 4:56 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)