快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Tutorial: Scratching with a hercules mk2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

gijzerHome userMember since 2007
Before I'll start I would like to say "sorry" for my English.

I searched the entire forum and internet for a turorial about scratching with a hercules mk2 dj controler. The reason is that since 2 weeks ago I own a Hercules mk2. After a while I discovered that there was nobody in the whole world who ever wrote a toturial about scratching. So here we go...

Before we start scratching:

1. Make sure that your settings are correct: press 'settings' in virtual dj, select the FAME Settings tab and make sure that the crossfader is set to 'scratch'.
2. Load a song in one of the decks. (I prefer songs in deck A and samples in deck B because I'm right handed) Since you don't want to scratch while there is singing you could use a instrumental version of a song.
3. Load a sample in the other deck. Samples could be anything but for scratching you want to use words or some noise or something like that as long as it does not have to much melodie in it. (so you don't want to use the lead guitar of a song but you do want to use a smal part of the acapella of the song)

Let's Begin

1. Start deck A (the song) and make sure you hear the music, if you don't hear music slide you crossfader to the other side.
2. Now you use your headphone to find the beginning of the sample you want to use and press the CUE button. When you lose your sample you can start the deck and then press CUE and it will bring you back to your sample.
3. Count how much beats your sample has. (In my case there are 2 beats)
4. Make a loop of your sample by pressing a loop button (1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8 ect.). In my case I'll press 2 for a loop of 2 beats.
5. slide your crossfader in the direction of the other deck, you don't have to slide it all the way, about 1/4 (5 stripes) of the crossfader will do.
6. Now you can start scratching by moving the jogweel of the deck with the sample (In my case deck B). while doing this you will notice that you can make different sounds by moving with different velocity's. A fast turn will make a high sharp sound while moving slow will result in a low scratch sound.

For the actual scratch technics you can find a lot of tutorials on the internet (try youtube) and they don't have to be special for the hercules mk2. If they work on a expensive turntable the will work on your hercules.

One final tip: Try to play with your EQ. Scratching will sound better if you turn down the bass but your sample might sound a little weird. Try to find the best setting for your sample.

发表时间 Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 2:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)