快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: pioneer cdj 1000 mk3 + VDJ - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

^ + 1

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 8:01 am
"If you want to buy good equipment, spend the money and not get some mickey mouse xp10 controllers"

I have used CDJ1000s and yes, they are amazing! but, I dont agree with your other comment, XP10s are not mickey mouse controllers, far from it! They are the CDJs of the controller world.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 12:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First and foremost, using 3 USB connections at the same time will not trouble even the most average system, as I have long experienced smooth operation whilst using 6 USB connections.

The XP10 isn't a perfect controller I'll grant, however the platter is BETTER than that featured on most CD players, the soundcard is high quality and mappability priceless (for example, the touch sensitive platter can be mapped to Hot cue just as on the CDJ1000's), and from the demoes I've seen some decent scratching is very possible, my main problem with the XP10 is the pitch slider not being the smoothest, but that doesn't make it mickey mouse, and neither does the fact that it's small and compact. It is the CDJ's of the controller market simply because it is capable of achieving great results (Beatmixing, Scratching, Cue/Hot cue, looping, FX, samples, playlist navigation, the list goes on) compared to any DJ hardware.

My original point is that expensive CD players aren't needed by most users, even those of us playing in massive clubs, the softwares interface has features far more advanced than those available on todays CD decks, you just need a controller for the practical side of mixing (play/pause, pitch, cue etc).

Most DJ's who scratch opt for TCV for obvious reasons (Vinyl is the original and daddy for scratching, that's the only title it holds today, for everything else, Vinyl/TT certainly don't come first). That's why you have CD decks, far more practical than Vinyl with many more features. The PC is furthermore practical than the standard CD deck, the problem is the laptop alone offers no superficial satisfaction, for that and practical reasons, there are TCV, TCCD, and midi controller options.

So the point remains, most who scratch use Vinyl, so why would a DJ who doesn't scratch or need to play CD's want to buy CDJ's? the only reasons left are because they feel nice, are fun to use and used by the majority of clubs/DJ's today, if they are good enough reasons for you to purchase them, then that's fine.

But most DJ's who use software know that they aren't an essential piece of kit, because outside the realm of scratching (which only a minimal amount of DJ's actually do) a controller is far more portable, practical and cost efficient than a CDJ deck, no one here is condemning their use, but the need for owning them in this digital age.

发表时间 Thu 02 Aug 07 @ 8:00 pm
A Dj that likes to scratch would use the 1200s and those that can afford to pay more would get the cdj1000mk3s. Have you ever heard the cdjs scratch. They sound exact to the 1200. I bought the Pioneer cdjs to hook them up to the laptop and they work really good. When i first had a pair of 1200s, i didnt have them for scratching. I had them because i was mixing techno and dance music. technics are for both the hip hop and dance djs. I know many promoters and many djs that play in New York City and the club standard for either hip hop or a dance club is either the technics 1200s or the pioneer cdjs 1000mk3. Using the xp10s is good for the bedroom dj to practice his blending. I cant see anyone in a club using xp10s. It is anafordable soulution for a small setup but not a professional one. A dj using his 1200s to play timcodes is going forward just like many using the cdjs to play timcoded cds.

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 9:04 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Caliente123 wrote :
I cant see anyone in a club using xp10s. It is anafordable soulution for a small setup but not a professional one. A dj using his 1200s to play timcodes is going forward just like many using the cdjs to play timcoded cds.

I know Ru.Di.J, who's going to play to the Space of Ibiza... :P

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 2:39 pm
I love my technics but I also love my CDJs. Just for some smaller gigs, don't want to carry them all.

CDJs just work so good. You buy them, you play them and they are so easy to mix with.

But IMHO they are a bit of overkill for just timecode work. I have them for timecode use, but also for image, because my gigs have people close up who expect to see professional level equipment. I also have loads of cds I haven't ripped yet, so I take some with me and can use with CDJs.

I would have thought that for timecode most middle range cd players would be fine?

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 5:21 pm
800's are fine when using Timecode. I own the 1000's but use all the features that come along with them when I don't use a computer program. Which is most of the time.

发表时间 Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 5:41 pm
Before i bought my pioneer cdj 1000s, i had a denon dn d6000 dual cd player and many of my cds were skipping and stopping. Thats when i decided to get into computer dj ying. Its alot better now. No more cds to carry.

发表时间 Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 2:40 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)