快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Switched to Mac... now i'm F&@'d?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just recently bought an iMac, 20", Dual Core 2, etc. etc. with the intension of using it for gigs with my Virtual DJ, Hercules MK2 and Timecoded Vinyl.

I called up Hercules they said it should be fine, checked virtual dj and it worked fine on a mac, so i assumed that the 2 would work together well when i switched.

Now that i've switched it seems that I can't add my old effects, I can't add my skins, my DB is FUBAR, my Hercules and Timecode setup was for nothing. So rather then sinking MORE money into another setup like Traktor or Serato I'd rather stick with Virtual DJ, the key being the easy to use effects, the timecode works great and being able to automix when i'm feeling lazy.

2 questions : when will updates for the Mac version be coming? Will Hercules be supported? I'm a software developer myself so I know the frustrations with maintenance, but If it's coming soon i'd like to know so i don't sink money into something else when VDJ will work soon.

And when will an SDK for effects be brought up for Mac? i loved being able to backspin and echo/loop out on the press of a button for quick transitions, but it seems now that's impossible.

发表时间 Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 8:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the mk2 hopefuly will be added in the future i aslo want to use it :)

skins will work ensure they are in zip files and place them in the virtual dj folder in documents

the database should read fine aslo if u place it here

the mac effects sdk should be up soon aslo.

发表时间 Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 9:36 pm
Got you to eh...

I have been a Mac user for quite some years but recently purchased a new Macbook Pro to use with Virtual Vinyl, running all videos. I upgraded from my Powerbook strictly for the stronger processor and better video card. $3,000 by the way! Just doesn't work well with Mac VDJ (VV) yet. Welcome to the world of running Windows via Bootcamp on a Mac...

Did you not read any of the threads or something? There has been quite a few threads about disapointment with the Mac Version of VDJ.

发表时间 Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 11:03 pm
We'll get there C5.

It's slow and painful for us Mac users, I know, but when our version of Mac VDJ/VV is up to par with the windows version, it'll all have been worth the wait because as we all now, we'll be running on a superior OS.

Remember, even Apple postponed the release of Leopard by 5 months. That has to have taken a toll on the dev team at Atomix as well, seeing as how they're new to Mac OS X.

I'm sure they'll do a great job though and we'll be all the better for it.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 11:45 am
I hear you Quest. I'm just frustrated and disappointed. There is confusion amongst the product and people are purchasing it under false pretenses. You know I have been active in this forum for over 9-10 months. Only waiting for the Mac version to be released. If its a Leopard problem someone up there LET US KNOW.

And Quest, remember your thuggin days...I remember when I first joined, you had a passion for pushing the Mac version of VDJ. As well as A-Swift and a few others. Now it just seems like everyone is crossing their fingers...Waiting.

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 5:00 pm

@CharlieFive

- it was the FIRST EVER version of VDJ on MAC.
And it took a lot of work to get the PC code transported.

The first ever release was not optimal, no doubt about it..
But Dev Team is working contantly to get the MAC version up to standard to the PC version, and it will.

And you'll get that update very soon and all for free.

Anyone with a VDJ licence has legal access to both MAC & PC version, and since the Mac OS currently doesnt allow as good video out as the Windows OS does, one can always use boot camp and run VDJ on Windows, on the mac, until next OS (should be out this fall).

The video out on mac is ok, for some, but its not as good as the PC video out yet, due to limitations on the MAC os.

Anyways, the issues on the MAC version are taken care of, and release will come very shortly, fixing that.

As for skins, they will be available soon on the website too, probably within a week.

hope that helps

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 5:17 pm
Suggestion. Make a sticky with those comments so new/potential users aren't confused.

发表时间 Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 5:36 pm
those of you that were able to read the issues going on with VDJ for Mac via VDJs Mac Forums and went out spent all that money and now your complaining ... are knuckle heads.

THOSE OF YOU THAT WERE UNABLE TO READ THE FORUMS AND JUST BOUGHT VDJ, THIS MIGHT HELP YOU..

----- VirtualDJ End User License Agreement -----

By clicking on "I accept" you agree to be bound by the following terms. If you don't, please click on "cancel", remove all copies and return the product to the place of purchase within 30 days of your purchase for a full refund.
<--- You have 30 days to get your money back.

As far as your Mac, keep it. There is other software for Mac out there you can use. Those of you who are planning to buy it to use at your gigs now ... don't be a knuckle head.

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:11 am
Speed from one knuckle head to another LOL...can't really see the software until you hit "I accept"...once you hit "i accept" (according to end user agreement) you can't return...read carefully..LOL....don't really think ur a knuckle head...just bustin ya.

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:19 am
lol yea ill admit ... Im a KNUCKLE HEAD! ... VDJ Team.. do you have a money back garrantee?

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:25 am

maybe you should wait for your very soon free update ;)

I'm sure all will be damn happy in the end.. just like PC users are;)

it takes a bit of time, I understand the frustration, but soon you all have the best video mix app on a mac ever

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:32 am
we have all been knuckle heads once or twice on our life time. we are not perfect.

发表时间 Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:49 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)