快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: virtualdj TCV doesn't reverse???

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i dont have my sound card yet (audiotrak maya ex5 ce or whatever just ebay audiotrak and u'll see it its clear. should have 2 in , 6 out or whatever), but using my laptop (256mb mem, 1.6 ghz, and SUPER sucky gfx card.. can only play up to quake 3 basically), it isn't even up to speed ( i never get 100% compatibility in the timecode setup its always 0), but its close but wobbly... i had to set it up to wher ethe record (or master) of the mixer goes to the pc (not a turntable) so i could only control one. this test tho i couldn't rewind. is that just b/c of having 0% and when I get my audiotrak card and asio drivers ( i already have asio of course) then I wil lbe able to put one table in the left channel of input, the other table on the right channel of input, and then hook up acordingly and it'll work without using my pcs power (as it has none) and not be laggy and work 100%?

also note I used a clients pc (i am a computer guy and was fixing) and he has better specs (512 mb mem , alot better gfx card and about same proc speed but better) and the song played perfect (same hookup.. mixer to microphone in) speed but no rewind still...

also ima prob buy this cheap cheap generic card tomorrow (1 left/right in, 1 left/right out just to have til audiotrak comesi n by tuesday or so)

hope u understand all that

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 6:03 am
TCV works fine in reverse. The only limitation is that you cannot needle drop in reverse. This means that if the TC is playing in reverse and you drop the needle on the vinyl one minute before where it was playing previously, it would just resume from where it was (in reverse of course). Are you using the latest 4.2 demo?

The soundcard you ordered (maya ex5) is a multichannel card but not suitable for TCV. It does not have at least two stereo inputs, it has just one.

I don't know if it's possible that the software could reverse the signal for a certain amount of samples to find the location where the needle is, and then correct for it when playing in reverse. It would add a small amount of extra latency if possible, but then again it's probably not a useful feature anyway.

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 11:32 am
i have 4.2 r1

so the left and right channel are necessity...

well im getting this smaller generic looking sound card with stereo in (1) and stereo out (1)

perhaps if its supported in asio4all, I can just use both cards, 1 per table. think thats supported with vdj?

发表时间 Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 4:20 pm
hmm i brought it an american audio audio genie local for just 20 bucks (cheaper than online ebay) and it works swell. 1 stero in and out.. it works 1 table good with asio4all.. didin't get 100% compatibility (stays at 0 unless i put the preamp on and i dont need it), but i can do reverse and forward.. i just cant needle drop (if I do it just st arts where it was) if it gets 100% compatibility then it will let me needle drop anywhere and it'll go there in the song?

also the audiotrak didn't have the i/o stereo i thought it would (i saw alot of ex5 and some had it tho), ima prob just keep it for whatever.. it had a digital i/o but those dont work for this... ill prob just get another audio genie and connect the other table... until i get a maya 1 day

发表时间 Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 12:36 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)