快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Funny Encounter

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Something funny happen to me when i on my way to werk this morning..

A van suddenly stop in front of me while i was walking on the road, n the driver wanna ask me something.. . I stopped, thinkin he want some direction but to my shock, he ask me whether i want a new home theatre set.. . I stunned once more,, wat kind of guy suddenly ask u this question rite out of nowhere. He said he have an extra set n wanna give away the other. I said no ..But he try to convinced me that this is for FREE.. n just treat him some beer will do.. I again say no n walk away...

Haha,, it crazy man, where on earth is this thingy are free unless they are stolen goods that need to be clear from evidence rite.. Lucky me i not naive n not fall for the trap..if not i could be his associate..

Hehe,,

does anyone have this experience too..? really stupid n crazy Or today is my lucky day:))

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 1:36 pm
that is really one for the books mon. Did you notice any hidden camera around? Sounds definitely like something from PUNK,D

No cameras around.. .then something must have been definitely wrong... wise choice....

good thing he did not kidnap you..... (might have been thinking of it and changed his mind)... had to justify why he stopped after though........ so the story with the theatre set...........heheheheheeeeeeeeee

Still think you were being punked or something mon..................sure is crazy

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:04 pm
I've heard of people selling speakers in this manner and they end up being hollow shells weighted down.

Who in their right mind would swap a Home Theatre system for a few beers?

I might if the beer in question was dripping from the cleavage of a long line of naked nymphomaniac glamour models who had been sex starved for a couple of years. Would depend on whether i had a decent DVD to watch that night or not.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:14 pm
dreadlox wrote :

good thing he did not kidnap you..... (might have been thinking of it and changed his mind)... had to justify why he stopped after though........ so the story with the theatre set...........heheheheheeeeeeeeee

lol.. thank god.:)

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:34 pm
Thats funny. It happened to me a while back at the grocery store parking lot. I was using my girlfriends car to go fill up the fridge. As I got out these 2 kids (18ish) in an SUV pulled up to me and gave me the story that they had some extra home theater systems from their deliveries and they wanted to get rid of them before going back to the shop. They even told me to open the box and check out the stuff. I thought about it for a few minutes and told them to beat it. They were def some hustlers though.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 4:09 pm
Van sales were rampant here for a while. It was always speakers or some crap. I think a lot of it has moved to eBay. There are tons of CHEAP speakers and $100 home theaters that look like top line stuff and even have cool names. Check these out...

* 440 watts maximum power
* 310 watts RMS power
* 180 watts sine wave power
* 4-8 ohms impedance
* 20-20,000Hz frequency response
* 3-way column floor-standing speaker pair
* Removable cover frame
* Bass reflex design

These babies can be shipped to your door for $90

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 5:06 pm
LOL! That is exactly what they looked like. The box said msrp $450.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 5:41 pm
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
LOL! That is exactly what they looked like. The box said msrp $450.

Don't even think about laughing... This is what I had to do to get VDJ / CUE my MK2 and computer.
Times are lean for a DJ....LOL

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 6:03 pm
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
They even told me to open the box and check out the stuff.

haha,, that what they tell me too ,,,

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 6:29 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well believe it or not, but some people really are that stupid, can you believe it? some people are willing to give something big for either nothing or a small gesture in return, it's a mad world, why can't everyone just be takers? I prefer the world sick it's more cool.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 9:37 pm
When I was 16, I baught my first car stereo from the back of a truck in Baltimore... 2 wks later someone stole it.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 9:41 pm
Quote :
When I was 16, I baught my first car stereo from the back of a truck in Baltimore... 2 wks later someone stole it.

Same guys I bet.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 10:38 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
LOL, probably ;)

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 11:08 pm
this is one of the oldest tricks in the books. guys have been selling speakers out of cargo vans for at least 30 years that i know about. all across the country. suprised more of you haven't seen this scam firsthand.

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:03 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)