快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: WEIRD NOISE WITH UPDATE OF VDJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

When I play a video not all the time but most a weird noise happens distorting the sound. Uninstalled and installed install_virtualdj_v4.2r1 everything worked perfect tried it for a week. When I upgraded (update_virtualdj_v4.3) the same weird noise is happening again. VERY DISTURBING. My laptop is beyond qualification for this program and have tried with 3 different ext hdds and the internal. The videos are vob format and play fine in other programs.

Laptop: alienware, 2 gigs ram, 1 gig video, amd turion 64 2.41 ghz

Need some help ASAP. I do mostly video show and makes my life easier using VDJ than my DVJs.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 5:29 pm
Try running the laptop on batteries ONLY.
Does the weird noise go away?

If so, its ground loop problem with your hardware, so try connecting your laptop power cord to a different power outlet, or go to a local radio store and get a ground loop eliminator

If its ONLY on a few video files, did you install a new codec lately ? Suck as FFDShow or similar, and have dolby sourround or something enabled for the codec?

Use VirtualDJ's internal video decoder for decoding videos

And if still problems with VIDEO only, does your soundcard and video card share IRQs ?

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 1:35 pm
1) I did try that on battery power only and also tried a ground eliminator and still hear the distortion.
2) I havent installed any codecs.
3) Weird thing is that worked fine with version prior to update
4) How can I check if they share IRQs?

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 3:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 4:25 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
And write down all your specs, what sound card are U using? If you use USB, try on different USB port or reinstall driver for your sound card. You can also update your Direct X here:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html
if nothing helps, I suggest to reinstall Windows (I know it is a pain in the *utt, but that way you will know if it is software or hardware problem), install Virtual DJ only and try it then.
Some other software can be a problem too.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 5:19 pm
julianserranojr wrote :

Weird thing is that worked fine with version prior to update

Try go to performance tab, and look at the settings. Maybe the upgrade set them back to default.

Some soundcards need AUTO for latency.
Some need SAFE MODE, and others OVER CLOCK.

Try adjusting settings to see if it works better

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 8:30 pm
What does overclock and safe mode due?

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 10:41 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
safemode on some cards , stablising the sound when enabled

(a little known trick)

aslo by unticking and closing vdj and running it again and ticking the box , and unticking it you hard reset the sound engine which can solve issues

Overclock forces slower built in laptop cards to perform better

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 10:51 pm
Well im using the HERCULES MK2. Which as far as I know is the SOUNDCARD.
My main concern is it was working fine but once I updated it started doing the weird noise.

I uninstalled and installed and working fine. I upgrade and problem continues.

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 4:51 pm
Just curious but video card are you using? During the random videos are you using sonique. It's been my experience that when I use sonique plug in. I get more CPU usage and/or click and pops start happening or a sound like squeeching " signal going through soundcard ".... Now I use sonique on a limited bases. NO MORE ISSUES with freezing, sound, popping.

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 6:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)