快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Some Help needed :)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,
I'm goin got buy a new laptop very soon. My actual laptop is a Toshiba P20 17". It always worked fine with virtual dj. I'm thinking about buying the new macbook Pro, as i'm very used to mac OS too because of my work as designer.
I've heard about bootcamp and the hability now to run both OS in the same machine. I want to have OSX and Xp in the same machine and i need virtual dj to work in both systems, and these are my questions:

I have an XP10 controller, will it run in both systems? or only in xp? or in none?
Will Virtual Dj perform the same in both systems? can share databases the mac and the pc version?
Also i work making music and my actual setup runs under Xp, and actually there is no version of the progs i use for mac platform. Will my programs work fine in the macbook pro using bootcamp? Any user is using a mac in this way can give me some advice?

Basically i want to still have a Pc that can work as my actual laptop does and if i can have in the same machine a mac.... well... that would be great for me!. I know the mac works fine for all (except virtual dj and xp10 because i haven't tested them). Is the macbook pro the answer?

Thanks in advance for helping :)

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 7:05 pm
Not sure about the XP10 Controller. Please look at my postings about the Video Quality on my New MacBook Pro. Also the SSL box doesn't work in OS X. Bootcamp runs fine bot no TV out. Then Mac Version of Virtual DJ has very limited Plugins. I purchased a MacBook pro to use it only to DJ with and Now I can't use it at all.

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 8:42 pm
Thanks for your answer jaymakoto

I Don't mix music videos, i only use HQ mp3 or wav files. I've read in your posts the video issue and it's a real pity :/

At least can i have a good response with my xp10 and xp running with bootcamp in the macbook pro mixing only mp3 files and no videos?

I mean, what i need is to be able to do the same as with my actual laptop and xp, but if i can have a mac too at the same time it will be great, i use macs at work, but for designing, not for music. I will like to use the mac for designing and having the chance to use Vdj in both systems but if i only can have a good response under xp with the xp10 for me it will be enough, not the best but enough. I mean, i want at least what i have now, not less. Is it possible with a macbook pro or i should consider another pc laptop instead?

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 9:55 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
A lot of 'experts' have told us all to stay away from Vista for a while, because its new and there will be bugs that need sorting.

I'd apply that to software too and the MAC version. From what i've read the PC version still isn't perfect, so i'm not going to go near a MAC for a while yet.

Gary

发表时间 Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 11:08 pm
jaymakoto wrote :
Bootcamp runs fine bot no TV out.

You can get scan converters for $100 or less that will get you VGA/S-Video/RCA/Composite output.

Here's the one I bought: http://www.grandtec.com/xppro.htm

It actually doesn't look like that at all though (it looks a LOT better now).

jaymakoto wrote :
]Then Mac Version of Virtual DJ has very limited Plugins.

Yes, the stock effects should be made available for the Mac version asap by Atomix.

The custom plug-ins need to be developed by us, the end users.

jaymakoto wrote :
I purchased a MacBook pro to use it only to DJ with and Now I can't use it at all.

You may want to look into the BootCamp windows on Mac option in the meantime. Combined with a scan converter like the one i linked above, there's nothing you can't do.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 1:34 am
If I output to a Video Projector the video freezes. So I assume that a scan converter would do the same.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 1:43 am
jaymakoto wrote :
If I output to a Video Projector the video freezes. So I assume that a scan converter would do the same.

Again, the Mac version video output may still have issues even though others are reporting that there are not.

A Mac running windows VDJ/Cue using BootCamp works fine.

As I just posted in another thread, I output to 9 projectors and over a dozen displays simultaneously 3x a week, for 5 hours continuously, and don't have any issues.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 2:00 am
ledmanville,

you said you aren't going to be mixing videos so you'll be fine dude. I messed around with mp3s on both the pc and mac version and it was great! I personally like serato scratch live a tiny bit better for djing just mp3s but if your just starting out djing you can get out there and rock a crowd much quicker using vdj, as it has many helpful mixing features.

what's up with the new macbook pro and mixing videos? Conquest?

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/73056/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/New_Macbook_Pro_2_4_-_Video_Freezing.html

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 7:46 pm
Well, finally i bought it.
After 5 days configuring both OS to suit my needs, and moving all my information and preferences from old laptop i am working now with it. Here is my impression:

Under Xp, running bootcamp, Virtual Dj works perfectly for music mixing. Xp10 is recognized but i have a problem with it, which is not a big deal but would be fine to know why. When i used with old laptop Xp10, built in soundcard processed all the sound and this went through it's RCA L R outputs. Now Xp10 is recognized but does not produce any sound, so i had to configure it only as controller and the internal soundcard of the laptop processes the audio. It's not a big deal because the internal soundcard works quite well.

Under OS X i've installed it too and works fine too, the pity is that Xp10 is not recognized. Anyone knows how to solve this or if it's something not yet fixed in this mac version?

Also i would like to know if there's a way to copy all preferences and database to the mac version. The idea of doing again all the database with all comments and bpms is just something that makes my skin look like chicken skin :)

And finally, thanks to all of you who gave me some advice. Now i'm quite happy with the choice. and having 2 laptops in one :)

发表时间 Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 8:52 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)