快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: how long to play a session before changing

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Just wondering how many dj's are supposed to play for 200 people in six hours.
Ive been playing in a club where there are about 6 dj's for 200 people.I think this really spoils the entertainment as the dj's keep changing the music while interchanging and it spoils the music and the crowd keeps be coming bigger and smaller making people to leave.If there are about 4 dj;how long is one supposed to play before changing?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 2:50 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
One dj is enough for the night if he is good ;)
At least 2 hours set per dj to make some sense in music speaking, less is confusing as you noticed yourself.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 7:31 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i would say a 1.5 hour minimum... and a comfortable 2 hours as Alf said.

however this also depends on your venue. if there is a constant in/out flow of people, less is okay. but if it's the kind of night club that fills up once and stays packed.... definitely longer sets per dj.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 9:25 pm
To dj for 6 hours, 2 djs is enough. Every year in december, i dj for a crowd of 1200 people and this is a private event. It is for 2 floors. I play the best of hip hop, r & b, reggae, reggaeton, salsa, merengue, bachata, old school hip hop, house, latin house, dance, Old school classics. Its alot of genres but the more the better to please the crowd.

发表时间 Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 6:14 am
I used to work in a club in AC, NJ back in the 80's and my hours were 10 PM to 7 AM, just me and no one else. Over the course of the night, about 500+ people would come and go, but always packed. Had to be very flexible with the music to keep the crowd happy. Never worked in a club that had multiple dj's in one night. Shortest time was 9 PM to 2:30 AM and longest was 10 PM to 7 AM.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 6:51 am
im in a club that holds a little over 1000, we will typicly run 2 or 3 dj's

8 - 11 - opening dj, party drinkin tunes
11 - 1230 - the party rocker
1230 - 100 - guest dj (typicly a headliner, NO ROOKIES HERE)
100 - 230 - back to the party rocker

this format seems to work well, even if you only do it with 2 dj's just delete the guest dj

发表时间 Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 7:46 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)