快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Numark Cue & Virtual Vinyl - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was dissappointed to hear back from Numark today that the Virtual Vinyl hardware, ie the external soundcard is not available for purchase on its own, nor are there any plans to make it available in the future.

Whilst the software remains the same, it seems that Numark customers have the better deal as they have access to the hardware and the Virtual DJ forums, downlaods & support, but Numark will not allow us to purchase this box.

Is there no way that VDJ can have any influence over Numark to allow this purchase to be possible? Maybe showing proof of purchase of our VDJ software for example to?

Gary

发表时间 Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:17 pm
I guess i'm the only one a bit annoyed with this?!

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 4:19 am
I guess i'm the only one a bit annoyed with this?!

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 4:27 am
actually I'm kind of annoyed that they will not sell the items individually.

I have a friend who's also a DJ but has lousy credit. He wants Timecoded vinals,and cannot use online purchasing. So I told him to buy NVV vinals.

but.........

I thought that Numark would sell replacement Vinals even for they're own version of Virtual Vinal. But same story. Numark does not sell replacement vinals by themselves.

Kinda irritating for him, but then again he shouldn't have screwed up his credit.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 5:46 am
Thats disgusting. I can't believe they are not even selling replacement vinyl to existing customers.

I don't have all the facts why they won't, maybe its becuase VDJ will only license their product to Numark to be sold as a pack, who knows.

I did send back an email to Numark explaining that while they are refusing to sell their hardware seperatly, people are buying other conpanies products to do the job. That when they stopped replying to me. Strange eh?

Prior to that e-mail, i also also asked what happens if the hardware box get lost, stoled, damaged beyond repair etc. They told me you'd have to buy the whole package again! You'd end up with 2 copies of the software then.

People are going to be annoyed by that, and they are going to want to reclaim some of their money, so what are they going to do with the extra version of the software they have? Yep, sell it illegally!

These companies really do very little to help their own cause, so i guess we are silly thinking they would help ours.

Gary

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 4:06 pm
Yup irritating, I figured the Vinals would been a slam dunk.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 4:22 pm
On Numarks website http://www.numark.com/virtualvinyl under the FAQ section:

Q. How do I purchase replacement time code CDs or records?
A. Yes, you can purchase replacement time code CD's or Vinyl directly from our parts department.

Parts department? What & where is that?

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 6:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
quite simple

numark support

make a support ticket , choose parts or call your local office phone numbers are displayed on this page

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 6:46 pm
Ok, i get your point, but i'd hardly call filling in a support ticket and waiting for them to get back 'quite simple'

Tesco don't ask me to fill in a support ticket when i want to make a purchase, in fact, i can't think of anything less simple.

Also another user has made an attempt to purchase replacement Vinyl from Numark, and he has been told Numark only sell it as part of the Virtual Vinyl package, so at this stage it starts to get quite complicated.

Support is not a parts department, and i don't think Numark actually has a parts department.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 8:05 pm
see what ur saying , but here isnt the place or the time , its not somthing virtual dj can directly control

write them a letter or phone numark to register your distain.

similar to the bcd blunders of beringer , there is not much you or others can do alone but

if every who feels that this is bad writes to them this will help

as they will have to take action

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 9:03 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
you can buy extra vinyl's at your local Numark dealer or online @ Numarks website. Plain and simple.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 11:10 pm

K One is an offical Numark reseller, and he should know ;)

And thanks for the info, Numark should.. and does. Of course

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 11:14 pm
k_one wrote :
you can buy extra vinyl's at your local Numark dealer or online @ Numarks website. Plain and simple.

Will you please supply a plain and simple link to the page on Numarks website where you can make this purchase please.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 11:32 pm
Where do you live??It's easier if I can direct you to the dealer/service center near you.
If you rescide in the US, I would suggest to e-mail(or call) support to get them to guide to your local dealer.
They should also be able to take your order for spare vinyl if your local guitar center/sam ash/etc is out of stock.

发表时间 Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 1:49 am
Are we having a change of mind now after viewing Numarks site? I mean there isn't anywhere on the Numark website to make a purchase. The point I made is you cannot buy from the Numark parts department, as their webiste states, because it doesn't exist!

Ordering online @ Numarks's website doesn't seem to be as plain and simple as you suggested.

发表时间 Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 2:48 am
skyfxl wrote :
see what ur saying , but here isnt the place or the time , its not somthing virtual dj can directly control

write them a letter or phone numark to register your distain.

similar to the bcd blunders of beringer , there is not much you or others can do alone but

if every who feels that this is bad writes to them this will help

as they will have to take action

As i said in my very first post, i did write to Numark and explained in the post their reply.

As for not being the time or the place, i'm not quite sure what you mean by that. How else would I find out other users experiences and what their opinions are? I must admit I thought the General Forum was the place? I've read posts in the General Forum a lot more irrelivent than this.

发表时间 Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 3:09 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
GaryBr wrote :
On Numarks website http://www.numark.com/virtualvinyl under the FAQ section:

Q. How do I purchase replacement time code CDs or records?
A. Yes, you can purchase replacement time code CD's or Vinyl directly from our parts department.

Parts department? What & where is that?

It was easy before the redesign of Numark"s web site. I do have the phone number and email address of Numark US. PM me and I will forward it to you.....;>)

发表时间 Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 3:30 am
@ GaryBr

You're right, it's not as easy as earlier to buy something at their website.
But, I was actually replying to the fact that people stated that Numark DO NOT sell separate vinyls, which is NOT true.
What I meant that it should be available through your local dealer or in worst case through Numark parts department. (And that's a "plain and simple" fact.) The ordering process on the other hand is another matter...hehe

Btw, people seem to be pretty upset by the fact that you can't buy the VV card seperatly.
If you think about it, it's not so strange though. You don't see the Serato card being offered seperatly do you? Neither is the Stanton card, am I right?

发表时间 Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 10:41 am
Yes, i don't think you can buy other cards seperatly either. At the same time, if you look through other posts, we were advised that we would be able too, so thats why some people are upset.

发表时间 Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 3:49 pm

发表时间 Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 4:08 pm
95%