快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
What is a good 300 gig external hard drive i'm looking for something very reliable and that works good with numark's cue?

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 7:12 pm
I build my own using this. It has a built in power supply, fans, and there is even one that takes usb & firewire. You may as well go for a 500g, as the price has dropped, and you will always need more room. I am using Western Digital drives and haven't had a problem yet.

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 7:36 pm
You can get an Iomega 250 or 350 Gb HD, also Western Digital are nice, now if you check this site:

www.tigerdirect.com

they have a 1 Terabite HDD ( 1,000 gb HD) for about $350.00, no need to buy another extrenal HD for a while I guess.........jejejejejeje

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 11:02 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would recommend you the LaCie D2 Extreme. It's a hard drive with constant running speed (7200RPM) and triple interface(USB, Firewire 400 & Firewire 800)
You will find it in sizes 250,320, 500, 640, 1TB and 2TB. Choose whatever suits your economy:)
Btw, they are also just released in "Quadra" version which adds an eSATA connection as well(can be used directly or via LAN/WLAN)
Prices starts at about $130
Another cool feature is that 2 x D2 Extreme HD's can be joined and rackmounted.
It also supports raid, and multiple hard drive "daisy-chaining"
I use them for my studio with ProTools as well as live with Virtual Vinyl.
Haven't had one glitch or a lost kb of data yet.
:)

发表时间 Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 12:21 am
I use Maxtor one touch drives. They never gave me trouble and the don't get very hot. I use the types with both firewire and Usb2.
Ewout

发表时间 Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 10:25 am
I have a 320 gb Seagate - if you live in the UK, try Comet or Currys or maybe PC World.

发表时间 Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 3:43 pm
All good suggestions, but some things to keep in mind. You can build your own for half the price. I hate those power adapters, and can use a regular computer power cable. I am using two, and have a Y power cable, that plugs them both into one outlet. If you look at the site, you can find one that takes all 3 interfaces. Plus, you can change to a larger drive if you need to.

发表时间 Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 9:32 pm
if i remember corectly somehad a western digatal "my book" that would go to sleep and it had somthing to do with the drive itself and the way wd had made it and wrote some software to do that of maybe it ran slow or somthing like that well thats my 2 cents and i could be wrong also. but i jsut thought i would pass it along

发表时间 Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 4:14 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a 7200rpm 750gb Seagate comes with a 5 year warranty, I love it.

发表时间 Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 6:22 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)