bitrate = 4000
framerate = 23.976

audio
bitrate = 192
sample rate = 44100
channels = stereo

This helped me mixing video files is fun now

audio000

Alive MP4 Converter is a professional video converter to convert popular video formats to MP4 (MPEG4). It can convert DivX, XviD, MPEG, MOV, QickTime, 3GP, MOD, VOB, WMV, ASF, AVI to MP4, such as AVI to MP4, MPEG to MP4. Alive MP4 Converter supports H.264 codec, and allows you to play the converted MP4 video on your portable media player (MP4 player), such as Archos, iRiver, Creative Zen Vision, Sandisk Sansa and so on. You can also convert MP4 to AVI, DivX, XviD, WMV, MPEG or MP3 format with Alive MP4 Converter.

Alive MP4 Converter integrated with Windows Explorer, and allows you to right-click on video files to convert in Windows Explorer. In addition, The intuitive interface makes Alive MP4 Converter the perfect tool for both new and experienced users. It gives advanced users the ability to finish the conversion with schedule in batches, drag-drop to load or add video files for converting!

发表时间 Sun 24 Jun 07 @ 8:32 pm
If I was to take a VOB file I ripped from a DVD.... if I run it through this converter... is there any other software (codecs) I need to have on my PC in order to run these MP4 files on VDJ?

I thought MP4 files didn't work on VDJ without extra software.

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 3:58 am
If you installed the XviD decoder VDJ would be good to go. XviD is more resource intensive than MPEG1/2 but any modern computer will deal with it effortlessly. Also it benefits from compression far better than the VOB (MPEG2) files which come on promo only type DVDs. AFAIK VDJ does not uncompress the video files into a raw stream as it does with video, this is why smaller videos will play better than largers ones, especially on systems with smaller RAM. Your cpu and gpu usage will probably increase though, so make sure you have enough power in these departments.

320x240 is a very small resolution considering the original MPEG2 files will be 720x480 (NTSC) and most LCDs output about 1280x720. Most XviD encodes are done at 512x384 with a bit rate ~1000.

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 10:48 am
By the way, you're not achieving anything giving a bitrate of 4000 to a video with resolution 320x180. You end up with a larger file than the original (which uses more resources to decompress) with much lower quality. A bits/pixel ratio of 0.25 (when using MPEG vs H263 settings) is recommended for XviD.

x_res * y_res * fps *bpp / 1024
512 * 384 * 23.976 * 0.25 / 1024 = 1151 kbps

This is a larger resolution than you're using and despite the lower bitrate, probably looks better too.

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 12:35 pm
Andrew87

I don't know all that about video files but it worked for me. Most of my files where already
avi files but they loaded to slow. Going to a bitrate of 4000 to a video with resolution of 320x180
looked the same to me. If you video load slow and you want to try this just make a copy of you file in try it.

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 3:18 pm
If anyone can come up with better settings with this program let know all I want is for VDJ
to load faster without the video looking bad.

video
output format = Xvid video format (avi)
frame size = ?
bitrate = ?
framerate = ?

audio
bitrate = ?
sample rate = ?
channels = stereo

发表时间 Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 3:39 pm
audio000 you can probably encode your videos using a bitrate of 400-500 instead of 4000 and you'll find the quality similar to your 4000 encodes (it will also take less resources to decompress). 320x180 is too low resolution to play out on large monitors, even videos offered by dailymotion/youtube sites are higher than this. The formula I gave above will help you to work out a bitrate depending on what resolution you encode at. The smaller the resolution, the more pixelated the picture will be on larger screens, for example circles will become very jagged. If you're just mixing these videos for fun then this is perfectly acceptable to keep doing what you are, but one day if you decide to play them to people you could save yourself the time now by encoding your videos to something which is in a way, futureproofed.

The resolution of whatever videos you encode should not be greater than the original files, but try and keep it as high as possible. Typical resolutions are:

512x384 (4:3 content)
624x352 (16:9 content)
672x288 (2.35 content)

A bitrate of 1500 for the above resolutions should be more than enough to ensure good quality from the encoder using 2 passes.

发表时间 Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 2:52 pm
Hi, got to agree with what Andrew87 said.

I didn't know the formula he mentioned, but it's defately good advice to keep the resolution the same as the original and from experience a bit rate of 1500- 2000 should give some really nice results.

Oh, and by the way, if you don't know the resolution of the origninal files, there's a few ways to find out so just ask. :)

发表时间 Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 2:56 pm
I've encoded the Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer trailer into XviD and used mp3 for the audio. I don't have Virtual DJ installed at the moment because I've recently changed back to Windows XP but if you could test the file loads quickly and works appropriately in Virtual DJ I could give you some pointers in getting good quality encodes if you wanted.

The video is 1m:40s in length and is about 19MB in size. The resolution for the video is 672x288 and the framerate is 23.976 (the standard* for non-cartoon videos). The video bitrate is 1359kbps and the audio was encoded with Lame 3.97 using -V 1 --vbr-new, which I recommend for music (probably better to use the 3.98a version of Lame however). The sample rate is 48kHz (do not change the sample rate, always leave it as it is).

http://rapidshare.com/files/39471775/fantastic_four_xvid.avi.html

There are some key differences between this encode and your method:
1) I used only free (highly configurable) software to produce it
2) The resolution is a lot higher and will be less blocky
3) The bitrate is 2.5x less than you've been using, but if you download this sample I think it will demonstrate that 4000kbps is extreme overkill, especially for such low resolution videos.
4) This video has a lot of motion compared to music videos. Therefore lower bitrates with music videos will be more acceptable than it is in this video, i.e. the same bitrate should look better with music videos.
5) I used a low(ish) resolution source and have encoded the video again. Ripping from dvds and converting will be a better looking job than this.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

发表时间 Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 5:58 pm
I will give this a try

发表时间 Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 7:48 pm
Andrew I have been testing out Virtual DJ and havent found a way to get the Mp4's to play. Actually I did get them to come up finally but the audio and video wouldnt be in sync. I have used other files but am experience slow upload times. I have pretty much wiped my laptop clean and tweaked every possible thing but with time coded vinyl its a bit slow. My computer isnt the best either but has been working fine with no dropouts or problems just my cpu usuage reads full untill the video is fully loaded which concerns me. I have a toshiba satelite with 1.256 gigs of memory and i think 1.4 processor and a raidon 9000 video card. Like i said I have no problems just concerned with the full cpu usuage so if the videos can load quicker please let me know how.

发表时间 Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 8:48 pm
hey andrew.. your convert of fantastic 4 was great..considering the size.......... question........even though........ you may not choose to answer....... what software did you use for the conversion

i have a lot of videos that i have edited using vegas... but i think they are still to large.. they range between 140 - 170MB - is there something i can use to convert my library

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 7:24 pm
bump

发表时间 Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 11:23 pm
320x180 is way to small for professional results, at any bitrate. This will look horrible on large screens.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 10:09 pm
Sorry for the lack of replies. The main issue with the method I used is every file needs to be converted manually, for a lot of people with large collections this could be a real big hassle. For such individuals, the program AutoGK can do you wonders as it's all automated.

However, I will make a video conversion guide at some point. All the required software is free, as usual! If anyone's interested in researching the tools, I'll list them for now.

AviSynth
Lame
VirtualDubMod
XviD

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:59 am
anewsome wrote :
320x180 is way to small for professional results, at any bitrate. This will look horrible on large screens.

i second that. i could never play a file with that frame size. u might as well not play video

发表时间 Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 2:05 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)