快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJ & Crestron Touch-screen

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Did anyone tried to control VDJ through an external touch-screen?

I did & FYI it works great actually it works fantastic :-)
I’ve used the Crestron TPS-6000LB touch-screen who takes my RGB input from the PC (so VDJ running) and use my fingers on the screen as being a mouse (called touch the PC).
It really works fantastic clear images & all functions just on your fingertips.

发表时间 Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 12:45 pm
pelgrims wrote :
Did anyone tried to control VDJ through an external touch-screen?

I did & FYI it works great actually it works fantastic :-)
I’ve used the Crestron TPS-6000LB touch-screen who takes my RGB input from the PC (so VDJ running) and use my fingers on the screen as being a mouse (called touch the PC).
It really works fantastic clear images & all functions just on your fingertips.

Are you in a position to film it in action?

发表时间 Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 12:55 pm
:-) not @ this moment but I give it a shot this weekend.
It ran on test yesterday for 6H and really worked great -> you download a little driver called Touch the PC V2 (this is actually a mouse to 232 converter) and you connect the panel to your PC (VGA) and serial RS232 .
It then will take your finger touch on the screen being a mouse action -> fast & acurate.

Regards,

发表时间 Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 1:00 pm
This is really interesting.

If you think that in the UK a 17" LCD touch screen is available for around £390 it becomes pretty viable as a controller.

Would love to see some video of it in action.

A

发表时间 Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 1:16 pm
how is it on scratching the record? i know GLI Pro has a DJ device that has a scratch touch screen but i was worried about the responce

发表时间 Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 4:37 am
I guess it all depends on the type/quality of Touch-Panel you use, ones the TP was calibrated it all functioned in real time.

Honestly I’m not the scratching type of DJ but it is certainly as accurate as using a mouse even more.

发表时间 Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 8:56 am
Virtual DJ!!! it Helps!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And oh personal, I come again to ask the voçês help because I am with a great problem, and the following:

Will I put sound in a party on the 25/08, and a marriage of my acquaintance, will I use the virtual program DJ, did I already give a studied in him, don't I only know how I do to listen the music in an ear phone before largalas, do I intend to use my linked computer in a table of 10 channels and a modúlo more 2 boxes of three roads each, does he/she have as ouvilas before? Does he/she have Algun programs that gets to do that?

I thank the help a lot!

发表时间 Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 5:03 pm
DJ Master Evolution wrote :
Virtual DJ!!! it Helps!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And oh personal, I come again to ask the voçês help because I am with a great problem, and the following:

Will I put sound in a party on the 25/08, and a marriage of my acquaintance, will I use the virtual program DJ, did I already give a studied in him, don't I only know how I do to listen the music in an ear phone before largalas, do I intend to use my linked computer in a table of 10 channels and a modúlo more 2 boxes of three roads each, does he/she have as ouvilas before? Does he/she have Algun programs that gets to do that?

I thank the help a lot!

You might get a better and quicker answer if you start a new thread on one of the latin forums

发表时间 Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 6:16 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
There's already another MIDI touch screen, but I don't remember how it was called right now. It was completely configurable. I mean, you can design your own interface and interacti with it real time, even if touch screens are quite slow... But they can be very, very VERY powerful for non-low-latency responces!!!

发表时间 Thu 21 Jun 07 @ 7:23 pm
Actually latency has nothing to do with the TS in this case it only acts like display & mouse (touch the PC).
It displays my VDJ screen as being a copy of the PC & the mouse becomes your finger on the screen, works great.
I was able to use the Crestron software to generate buttons who are then displayed on the screen & give them a join-number what translates in a keyboard function over RS232 & so tells VDJ what to do when the button is pressed (keyboard-shortcuts).
Iaw. I have my VDJ Skin displayed & drag drop with my finger-touch but when pressing these buttons the track selected gets loaded or effects/samples start etc.

I guess this is just a beginning. :-)

Regards,

发表时间 Fri 22 Jun 07 @ 8:37 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)