快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Apple's Safari Browser Available for Windows!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Apple's Safari Internet Browser is now available for download for Windows users. It is a BETA version, so there are bound to be bugs.... But, doesn't hurt to try it!

http://www.apple.com/safari/

发表时间 Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 7:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
simply no safari is awful i usefirefox on both platforms as safari doesnt run flash well and scripts such as chats

ahh!

发表时间 Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 10:26 pm
what would impress me is if they make ilife for windows.

发表时间 Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 11:21 pm
imagine if Apple made there OS available and compatible with other Motherboards and devices...

发表时间 Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 11:36 pm
that would aslo impress me however as u know it is compatable

just need to remove the chiplocker

发表时间 Tue 12 Jun 07 @ 11:39 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Of course it is only Beta, really you shouldnt install anything Beta on a PC you want to use regularly...

"David Maynor, infamous for the Apple Wi-Fi hack, has discovered bugs in the Windows version of Safari mere hours after it was released. He notes in the blog that his company does not report vulnerabilities to Apple. His claimed catch for 'an afternoon of idle futzing': 4 DoS bugs and 2 remote execution vulnerabilities." http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/06/12/0120230.shtml

发表时间 Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 12:49 am
Sky you use Firefox on Mac? I've gone over this time and time again. Checking stats and loading different sites. I still go with Safari...but im always curious if Firefox is faster. My Mac guys say Safari. Windows (if I have to) def Firefox.

发表时间 Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 9:55 am
well safari cant open about 20-30% of the internet so for me its anoyingly useless

firefox supports all formats of coding

发表时间 Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 1:44 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
skyfxl wrote :

True, but there is a few pages that cannot opet right, mostly with some Java coding or similar. But they fix more and more in every update that comes almost every month :)

发表时间 Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 2:05 pm
skyfxl wrote :
well safari cant open about 20-30% of the internet so for me its anoyingly useless

I guess it just depends on what sites you go to.

I've been using Safari since it's release in early 2003 and never hit a page that it can't open.

EXCEPT (I had to think hard for it) when Buy.com tried to block us (the Mac community) Safari users by denying servive to anyone logging in with Safari because we ridiculed them when they launched BuyMusic.com and their CEO said that they would bury iTunes because Steve Jobs was "on the wrong platform" (Scott Blum is a frickin' genius and BuyMusic died soon after...lol!):

"...After 16 days of operation, the iTunes Music Store had sold 2 million songs. Industry analysts continued to swoon over the service, and everyone seemed happy.

On the BuyMusic front, things are looking decidedly less rosy. The service has, however, clearly sold a song or two. "Not millions," though, according to the company megaphone/lampshade on his head and life of the 1999 party Scott Blum. This statement is even sadder considering the sheer size of the Windows market.

Somehow Apple managed to sell 2 million songs to a very small percentage of personal computer users. But BuyMusic can't sell millions to a market more than ten times the size?..."

Anyways, we just installed the free open source "Safari Debugger" http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10607/safari-debugger , changed our User Agent to "windows IE", and went kept doing whatever we wanted. =)

So for me it comes down to open source based KHTML Safari or bloated (which is why it's slower) Mozilla based Firefox. I'll suport KHTML Safari.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really have a problem with Firefox and happily used it until this week on the windows side of my Mac, but for me it's all about ABIE: Anything But Internet ExploDer.

Anyone that plans on getting an iPhone better get used to Safari anyway as it's going to be the default browser... how many more users do you think just THAT is gonna add to Apple's Safari installed user base?! =P

Hopefully here, more people than me see the underlying reason for making Safari for windows... this is just another small step forward in our long march ahead... and we LOVE it. ;)

- iPod Mac = iPod windows

- iTunes Mac = iTunes windows

- BootCamp, Parallells, VMWare, Cider = windows and/or windows applications on Mac running natively or via virtualization

- AppleTV = Mac + windows PC

- Safari Mac = Safari windows

- iPhone (with default Safari browser) - Mac + windows PC

- iLife Mac (as sky requested) = DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT FREE VERSIONS OF THOSE APPS (like iTunes & Safari) FOR WINDOWS.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 8:46 am
i would pay for the full ilife suite for windows

garrage band is quality

发表时间 Thu 14 Jun 07 @ 3:26 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)