快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Amps

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone, another nooby question here.

What is the correct protocol on buying an amp? Do you get an amp that has more wattage than the speakers' maximum power or less?

Just for argument's sake, say that you have two speakers that are rated 250 watts RMS. What would be the cheapest (but also reliable enough) amp that you would suggest?

Thanks very much.

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 2:59 am

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 3:11 am
no questions asked ^^^^ dude is right on, will handle anything from reg. speakers to subs

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 5:08 am
lol, exactly what I was going to recommend!

(apparently, it's identical to a certain QSC model, so a very good design, but made by beringer. )

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 11:59 am
If you have the money: go for SA-C29 speakers with a ES-40 amp. Gives a fantastic sound quality (sounds alot clearer and fuller then, for example, turbosound speakers).

Anyways that stuff is quite costly :P If you don't have the money you'll have to do alot more effort for finding quality for the right price. There is alot of *cough*jbsystems*cough* crap out there. :)

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 12:09 pm
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
chise1 wrote :
Hi everyone, another nooby question here.

What is the correct protocol on buying an amp? Do you get an amp that has more wattage than the speakers' maximum power or less?

Just for argument's sake, say that you have two speakers that are rated 250 watts RMS. What would be the cheapest (but also reliable enough) amp that you would suggest?

Thanks very much.

Get the amplifier with the same rms power 2x250w (20Hz-20kHz) or more. You could go even to the 2x500w- more power & dynamics, but you have to also be more careful with gain/ line levels.

Just one rule: NEVER go into RED on your mixer!

Hope that helps a bit ;)

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 1:34 pm
I would recommend more amp power than you speakers are rated for. 50% more is good, I usually like to go double. The reason for this is that you would tend to push an equal power amp harder, which can easily lead to clipping. The bigger amp like the Berhinger suggested, will never put you in this position. A big amp at 60% power will always sound better than a small amp driven to the max.

It will also make a difference if your speakers are 4ohm or 8ohm.

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 4:05 pm
millsmobile wrote :
I would recommend more amp power than you speakers are rated for. 50% more is good, I usually like to go double. The reason for this is that you would tend to push an equal power amp harder, which can easily lead to clipping. The bigger amp like the Berhinger suggested, will never put you in this position. A big amp at 60% power will always sound better than a small amp driven to the max.

It will also make a difference if your speakers are 4ohm or 8ohm.

sorry m8 ur wrong about that. its a great amp. its amazing what u can do with a clean signal.

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 5:02 pm
Think you are reading it wrong Funk. I also support the amp. Like I recommend, this amp provides more than the 250rms these imaginary speakers handle. I was only explaining why you shouldn't get less.

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 5:27 pm
sorry. to early for me ;)

i thought it had n't after would

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 6:08 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Spot on with the more to drive less theory especially when driving some of the lower rated 250 - 350 watt speekers out there. There is nothing worse for a loudspeaker than feeding in the clipped output from an over driven amp. Especialy for the treble units. I have spent many years servicing pro audio hardware and wish I had a buck for every customer (with a wrecked set of speakers) who couln't understand why the 100 watt a chan amp they were using blew up there 250 watt speakers. Having opened up one or two recently I have found the Behringer amps to be surprisingly well made there only flaw (if you can call it that ) is that the cooling fans dont tend to last long. not usualy a big problem for the occasional user but keep an ear out for the fans making nasty noises. Oh yea and keep it clean its surprising how fast these amps get clogged up with fluff.

Best of luck

Daz

发表时间 Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 9:54 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)