快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Can someone answer a couple of questions :-)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

It's been a while since I posted here. Been running VDJ with an MK2 three times a week for the past 5 or so months. Overall works excellent. I have about three blue screens though in the past five months. :( But I think the bluescreens came when I was fooling around with the laptop too much (like running other programs while VDJ was up). So that was probably my own fault.

Every time I got a blue screen... I would just wipe the laptop clean with a fresh XP image and I would be good to go (since I only use that XP laptop for VDJ and nothing else).

But anyways... I have a few questions after using this program for a while now. Hoping to get some answers:

- Currently running VDJ 4.2 R1 on XP Pro. Runs "well". I see V4.3 is out now. Is there any reason to upgrade to 4.3? Any new features with 4.3? Or is it a case of... "if 4.2 runs stable.. maybe its not worth it to go to 4.3?"

- 4.3 is Vista Compatible now and I run a MK2 that seems to have Vista compatibility now. Is there any benefit to running VDJ under Vista Ultimate rather than XP Pro? My laptop can definitely handle Vista (Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, 512MB Quadro Video). I said earlier I had a few blue screens under XP Pro. Does Vista prevent these blue screens?

- Finally I have one question about the "suggestion box". I love using this feature of VDJ. But I have one issue with it. I occasionally use an external hard drive... and sometimes I use files that I will later delete. I find that the suggestion box will occasionally suggest songs that are no longer on my laptop (either I deleted the file... or they are from an external hard drive that's no longer connected... or I moved the file to a different location). Is there any way to prevent the suggestion box from suggesting any of these songs I no longer have present on my laptop?

Many thanks!

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 5:01 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just be careful if you're reinstalling XP over and over. I know a guy who reinstalled a legit copy of it a few times and after a while it stops allowing you to install it...and so it becomes void.

Pain in the ass, but true apparently.

P

发表时间 Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 11:12 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you should upgrade to 4.3

all versions of vdj are vista compatable

if you use the updater not the full install all information will be kept.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 11:19 am
version 4.4 ?? is expected to address many music mgmt issues .......the relocation of tracks that have been moved is probably on the short list of the top 10 or top 5 items

the music mgmt update is going to involve major changes.......they are going to need to do a good job of selling it and teaching the changes .......

i think changing to an assigned default music folder/location is unavoidable and that by itself is gonna mean really good changes , but changes that many users will not be used to ..... then a lotta good stuff will flow outta that.........

发表时间 Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 4:29 pm
I have a business OEM copy of Windows XP. I do not need to register it every time I install it so I can wipe and install as many times as I want without penalty.

But regardless... I am actually using Norton Ghost to wipe my XP clean. I installed a fresh copy of XP... installed VDJ and all the "essentials"... then I saved an image of the drive. If I ever need to "wipe" the XP clean... I just reload this image back onto the drive. If I bring a copy of my image files on DVD to gigs with me... I am able to wipe the laptop clean while at a gig in case of an emergency. Only takes about 13 minutes to be up and running. My videos are on a separate partition so those never get erased.

The other nice thing about using Norton Ghost and just loading an image instead of a fresh install of XP... is even if I had the retail version of XP... I simply take my image snapshop AFTER I register XP to Microsoft. If I reload the image... Microsoft will never really know I am doing this since I don't have to re-register after I dump this image so I can do this as many times as I want.

So while 4.3 is Vista capable... how does VDJ run on Vista. If given the choice... is it better to run VDJ on XP Pro or Vista? It doesn't matter to me... I am just looking for the most reliable and best way to run VDJ.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 4:58 pm
I also have a dual boot OS on my laptop. I said to myself I really don't want to bog down my VDJ with a bunch of programs I need to have on my laptop. So I keep the VDJ program running separately on a fresh XP OS.

I have Windows Vista as my primary partition (C: Drive) which I use for my everyday purposes, has all my main programs and games. I have my XP Install (strictly for using VDJ) on a different partition D: drive. The only programs I have in XP is VDJ, DVD Decryptor, and TMPG Express. This allows me to keep that registry as "clean" as possible.

My videos are on a separate partition as well (V: Drive).

The beauty of Norton Ghost is... if I need to wipe my XP install clean in my dual boot environment I am able to dump my XP image directly to the D: partition. This does not affect my videos, but it also doesn't affect my primary C: Vista partition.

I have wiped my XP install twice with Ghost... while not touching my Vista install. Its a perfect solution for a laptop DJ.

I ordered a higher capacity laptop hard drive yesterday... so I am actually going to have to rebuild my dual boot OS by installing everything from scratch and re-creating my ghost images. I will probably install version 4.3 and see how that runs. It will be a clean install so i'll just use the full install file.

I just have to decide if I will continue with my Vista for everyday purposes and XP for VDJ... or maybe i'll run dual boot Vista Enterprise for my everyday stuff... and Vista Home for just VDJ. This is why I am asking if its better to run Vista for VDJ or not.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 5:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)