快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: mac or pc

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ok im thinking of gettin a desk top, but not sure weather i should go for mac or pc, im currently using the vd djc edtion, would this work on a mac as i am using vista right now woth this software

发表时间 Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 11:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you need VDJ pro to use a mac

the console would work with mac drivers.

its alot more responsive on the mac platform due to core audio and mid technologies it can go down to 1ms latency

aposed to the pc 512 ms

发表时间 Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 11:18 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
As a guy who has both, I say go PC.
There are more programs that work on the PC platform.
The only time I would choose the Mac over the PC is if I was using Serado with TCCD or if I was going to start to use big time video editing program like "Final Cut" ($1300 MSRP)
But my biggest reason for using the PC is that VDJ just works so much better on the PC than it dose on the MAC, or at least that's been my experience.

发表时间 Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 6:26 pm
KregCZ wrote :
The only time I would choose the Mac over the PC is if I was using Serado with TCCD or if I was going to start to use big time video editing program like "Final Cut" ($1300 MSRP)
But my biggest reason for using the PC is that VDJ just works so much better on the PC than it dose on the MAC, or at least that's been my experience.

I have a lot of respect for the way you answered this question. No agenda, no bashing, no hysterical rant, no over the top promotion one way or the other. Just an honest assessment of your experience.

发表时间 Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 7:53 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks

发表时间 Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 8:43 pm
The following is NOT an attack on KregCZ. I'm just addressing his comments. =)

KregCZ wrote :

Yeah, I know windows as well as I know Mac and have used both for 17 years. I was formerly a windows/Mac/Novell network administrator for Xerox.

That said, it's because I know windows as well as I do that I don't use it.

KregCZ wrote :

You mean windows platform. Regardless, that statement's not true.

Every Intel Mac is capable (and have been since April '06) of being a 100% native Windows pc too... IF you absolutely need windows. I've said it many times, most people are finding out that they don't need windows at all, just Office, for which there is a Mac version and always has been. Even then, if the only Office programs that are really needed are Word and/or PowerPoint, Apple has a much better and less expensive alternative to both those programs and which seamlessly integrates with files created by them (and can also create native .doc/Word and .ppt/PowerPoint files) called "iWork": www.Apple.com/iWork

Yet there is no denying that some people have that 1, 2, or handful of windows only applications that they absolutely need to use. To accomodate them, with a Mac you have the ability to run windows at 100% native windows performance using Apple's free BootCamp download www.Apple.com/BootCamp (a retail copy of Windows XP SP2 or Vista is required) OR if the windows applications you need to use aren't too processor and/or graphics intensive, you have "virtualization software" options that let you run windows from within Mac OS X itself at 90%+ native windows performance like Parallel's "Desktop for Mac" http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ or VMWare's "Fusion" (still in beta) http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/fusion/

You even have the option to run windows applications 100% natively within Mac OS X without windows at all using CodeWeavers' "Crossover Mac": http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/ (check out the video I just saw on there for the first time... lol @ the multiple "I don't need a windows license" screenshots by the developers)

KregCZ wrote :

Ah, the old "Macs are only for those 'creative/professional types" and/or "Macs aren't for the common user" angles. =)

Macs are for anyone who wants a reliable, stable, and secure computer that they can realistically;
- keep for 2-3x longer than a windows computer
- not have to spend a bunch of money on maintenance/security/media management/creation applications ( ALL Macs come with Apple's iLife www.Apple.com/iLife )
- not have to waste a bunch of time uninstalling the "bargain bin" bundled windows software and/or toying around with descent TRIAL/DEMO software that you'll end up having to spend more on than you would have with a Mac and it's bundled high quality/easy to use applications
- not have to end up wasting even more time dealing with corrupted registry/driver conflict/performance degradation issues with time consuming necessary optimization tasks
- do EVERYTHING that a windows computer can do and a LOT more things that they cannot... like run Mac only leading industry applications such as Apple's Final Cut Pro.

KregCZ wrote :

Unfortunately, this is somewhat true for hopefully only a short time.

The just over 2 month young Mac version currently lacks it's windows counterparts features (skins, effects, plug-ins, etc) BUT again, it IS only a couple of months old.

Once the Mac version of VDJ/Vv is on par with the windows version, THEN all of Mac OS X's core advantages over windows will be fully realized and undeniable. ;)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 4:19 am
FYI -

Feel free to hop on over to the Mac Forums on this site and ask questions of the VDJ/VV Mac community: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/61/MAC_Version_Technical_Support.html

Here is a recent thread like yours that was started by another potential windows to Mac switcher with comments from some other prominent VDJ/VV users who have also switched recently:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/71181/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/Switching_to_Mac.html

There are quite a few threads and posts regarding this common "switcher" occurrence over there on the Mac forums and even here on the windows forums as well. ;)

P.S.
STRIKE that comment i made a couple of posts about skins not being available for the Mac versio: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/70110/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/Important_Information_Regarding___Skins_For_Mac_.html

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 4:44 am
^ wow ^ Quest you just about said it all.

I myself own a Macbook Pro. I also run bootcamp with windows xp. So, as mentioned, If you absolutely need to run windows...You can. I need to run windows xp right now strictly for the VDJ windows platform (for music videos only). Other than that...I always boot in OS X. Once you go Mac, you don't go back.

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 6:57 am
It's personal preference.

Drive a Chevy, or drive a Chrysler, pick one that fits your needs and use it.

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 7:18 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
most defintely go for the on you prefer :)

and you think will suit you best

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:48 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
It's personal preference.

Drive a Chevy, or drive a Chrysler, pick one that fits your needs and use it.

Why choose when you can have both with a Mac and only windows with a windows pc?

It's clearly a better option to have more choices and that's what Macs offer.

Besides, razzy666 is the one that's contemplating and/or switching to Mac as so many others are and is asking a perfectly valid question.

He is entitled to informed opinions from both sides.

Personally (since we're doing th typical car metaphor that is often used to compare Macs vs. windows pc's), I would love to have a car that could have all the best attributes of (since yo referenced them) Chevy AND a Chrysler whenever I need them in one car if I could.

With Macs you can have the best of both worlds.

skyfxl wrote :
most defintely go for the on you prefer :)

and you think will suit you best

Very true sky. =)

So being a recent Mac purchaser yourself, what do you have to say about your new Mac experience after being a power windows user for so long? ;)

skyfxl wrote :
i love it wont look back

its nice to have a machine that does what it says on the box no

irq channel nonsense

no high latencies and no video card driver inasnity

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 3:09 pm
BTW razzy666, brand new MacBook Pro's were released just this morning if you're at all interested:

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

I know that you stated that you are looking at desktops though in your initial post, so this is just an FYI.

Good luck on your decision!

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 3:27 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)