快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Suggestions for great performance...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

If you were going to build a new computer just for VDJ to play videos and mp3s, without blowing the budget just because it wasn't your money, what spec's would you suggest as far as processor speed, ram, video and sound cards, etc...?

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 5:53 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Basics:

- Core 2 duo (any speed)
- 1 gig ram min
- 8600GT / x1900xt
- 500W psu
- SATA hard drive
- WIN XP <------

- if you are planning to use integrated sound, buy a decent PCI sound card (delta / creative ect), or else a USB one.

If you going any lower, check out this DIY pc for $550. Will run VDJ just fine too

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/08/system_builder_marathon/

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 6:28 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would agree with Niems on this one. I've actually just built myself a new machine for videos and mp3's:

Processor: Intel Pentium D Dual Core 2.8 ghz
Memory: 2 gig 800mhz
Graphics: 7600gt with 256 mb onboard
540w psu
3 hard drives (all sata): 1 x 40gb for os & software, 1 x 320gb for karaoke, music and videos and 1 x 320gb (currently spare) but will be used for increasing my collection
Onboard sound

There is nothing on this system except software and all my music. It's a peach to run and there are no system strains on it at all. Pic in my blog...and I'm writing a tutorial on building machines just now if you need any help with it.

This is a step up from my Mercedes kit (details in my blog) which also runs pretty flawlessly, although not quite as good or fast as my new machine.

Good luck! (",)

P

发表时间 Wed 16 May 07 @ 11:09 pm
oooooh. You guys worry me with your PSUs. I would beef up your power supply especially if you are using power hungry video cards.

发表时间 Thu 17 May 07 @ 6:59 am
There's a psu checking program on the net that can give you a rough idea of the psu you should be using when taking into consideration all the things that your machine will use.

Can't find the link right now to be honest, but when I'm back on my home machine I'll check it out and post it.

P

发表时间 Thu 17 May 07 @ 11:05 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I used to run VDJ and a nvidia 6800 on a 350W PSU just great :D before it burnt out after 2 years though...

发表时间 Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:13 pm
Pi,
Are you saying that your onboard graphics card is NOT dedicated, but SHARED?

发表时间 Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:42 pm

发表时间 Thu 17 May 07 @ 4:03 pm
bryantpb wrote :
Pi,
Are you saying that your onboard graphics card is NOT dedicated, but SHARED?

Eh? Sorry, you've lost me mate. It's not onboard graphics, it's a seperate graphics card with 256mb ddr3 on the graphics card itself.

Gotta stay away from the shared graphics memory man!!!

(",)

发表时间 Fri 18 May 07 @ 1:49 am
Yes, I know, but your previous post up above says "Onboard", does it not?

发表时间 Fri 18 May 07 @ 7:20 pm
None of the components will perform correctly, without a great PSU. I just learned more than I will ever need to know about PSU's, in the May issue of CPU magazine. You can check it here. You will really understand the saying "you get what you pay for". You will wake up with your pants down around your ankles, wondering what happened, with a cheap (high watt rated) PSU. I am looking to put this in my new machine. Just waiting for the release of the case and specs.

发表时间 Fri 18 May 07 @ 7:54 pm
bryantpb wrote :
Yes, I know, but your previous post up above says "Onboard", does it not?

Sorry, yes it does. What I actually meant was 256mb on the actual graphics card...not motherboard.

D'oh!

(",)

发表时间 Sat 19 May 07 @ 1:04 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)